Join now - be part of our community!

BRAVIA KD55XH9005BU - ethernet not connected

Stuhat
New

BRAVIA KD55XH9005BU - ethernet not connected

Hi,

Is it me or are these TVs too complicated for their own good? After being very frustrated with intermittent sound issues for a few weeks (update sorted the problem) around mid Feb to mid Mar 21, I am now being told my brand new ethernet cable is not connected? I've connected via WiFi BUT I don't want to...I find the connection and smooth operation of TV better with a wired in connection (no surprise there!)

I managed to get it working the other day but unplugging, putting it into different connections on SKY hub (4 ports), restarting TV etc doesn't appear to be working this time.

Any ideas?

Thanks all

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
khallergard

If you disconnect the WiFi, will you then be able to connect the Ethernet?  If yes, do you really need both?

profile.country.GB.title
saiharris
Explorer

Is the ethernet connection definitely working from the point where you have it plugged in and can you prove it (laptop or whatever) to make sure it is indeed working. Before jumping the gun at the TV, is it the source that is the problem. If you know that works then look at the port itself. is it in good condition and look ok? If you can, try a different ethernet cable too. 

Yes, it can get complex but the way we do everything nowadays is more complex.