Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia Sync between X83C and HT-RT5

rinollaig
Explorer

Bravia Sync between X83C and HT-RT5

Hi,

Recently got a 49" X83C, blu ray player (BDP-S6500) and a soundbar (HT-RT5).

As everything is all Sony I assumed everything would communicate with each other would out any problems.

I have the TV connected, in the HDMI port 4 which is the ARC output connection, connected to the HDMI input of the soundbar, with the other devices connected in HDMI input 1 and 2.

Braiva sync is enabled on the TV and HDMI control is turn on the soundbar as well.

It works, but only randomly it seems?

When it does work it does exactly what I want. TV remote can operate the TV, soundbar and blu ray player while the sky remote can change the volume of the soundbar and even turns everything on [sky box, tv, soundbar] from standby. 

But the next day it might just decide to disable itself?

Sound bar doesn't turn on and when I press 'bravia sync' on the tv remote it says no complicatble devices. If I plug everything out for 30 seconds it will probably work again for a few days but its really annoying have to do this. Otherwise it might pop up a message saying "failure to communicate with audio system" or "enabling TV speakers"

Am I missing something obvious here?

Perhaps some kinda timeout or standby setting.

It can work exactly how I wanted it to so I assume my setup is mostly right and there can't be any issues with the HDMI cables themselves.

Its really annoying and one of the reasons I bought everything from sony was to avoid this!

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

What you missed to highlight is that you have also a sky box that is known to have a bad HDMI-CEC implementation. You'll see that if you disconnect the sky box everything will work smoothly....

rinollaig
Explorer

Crap...

Is there anything I can do?

Would disabling 'control from hdmi' on just the sky box and have it so that the TV remote can operate the tv,home cinema, blu ray with the sky remote for sky.

either way, thanks for your help!

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You can try that or if it doesn't work you can buy a cable like this without the CEC wire ...

https://www.pulse-eight.com/p/110/cec-less-hdmi-cable

rinollaig
Explorer

I've heard of those alright before.

Thanks for your help!