Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD43X8309 - Clock does not keep Time!?

Sony KD43X8309 - Clock does not keep Time!?

I have noticed that the clock on my KD43X8309 tv does not keep time, it can lose up to an hour in as little as 24hrs.

i have changed the settings from automatic time keeping to manual, i have changed the network time keeping to world timekeeping - i have turned them all off and back on but nothing seems to make any difference. 

The TV is connected to my home network and works fine so I don't understand why the timekeeping is an issue?

Any help/advice on how to fix this?

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

What is the difference in time every time you check?

Is it integral hour-hours or could also be minutes included?

If second thing happens, this could be an indication of hardware problem.

If difference is only hour(s) since you have already set to manual, then check if there is application that possibly controls clock running in background or every time it is executed.

If there is no solution or you cannot find which app causes the problem, try a factory firmware default. You will lose all your settings, channels, extra installed apps and you will have to pair again your RMF-TX100E.

The difference in time is in minutes each time I check.

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Could be cad cap or batt rechargeable or not. I don't know what they use on circuit board. Sometimes also a bad soldered chipset ic, bios ic or graphics ic can cause malfunction on 3volt required.

Did you try factory default?

If you did the best thing you MUST do quickly is SONY support for a technician.

Whats the worst that could happen if I did nothing and just corrected the time every so often?

I'm just reluctant to do a reset as i will lose all my settings / apps etc.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Think of the following scenario:

You have a cellphone that its battery does not last more than one hour in stby. Could be your battery, could be your charger, could be software running in stby, could be internal circuit board voltage regulator, could be a bad soldered or bad made microcircuit or other component on circuit board.

I don't know and none knows if something bad will happen. Three first cases can be easily solved. The rest can cause damage.

In your place I would call Sony and if required, a replacement. I wouldn't mind about settings.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Assuming its not a hardware issue as MiCal1967 is suggesting - my Time on the TV os set to 'Use broadcast time' and ive never had an issue thus far.  I note that you mention network time, but have you tried broadcast as well?

Also, do you know when this first started happening?   Since you got the tv or since the last FW update?

I'm not 100% sure but I think it was after one if the updates.

Sent from my iPhone
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sony is aware of the issue and is investigating the reason why.  Hopefully it wont take them long to find a fix.  In the meantime, ill add this to the list of known bugs and issues.

Cheers

drajer
Explorer

Any update on this issue?

I have a KDL55W808C with the same issue. I use network time. Switching to manuel set time does not make a difference. 

It's been going on for about a month as well. I think started to happen after an update.