Join now - be part of our community!

Bug: wrong title of TV recording on 2016 Android TV Marshmallow

oo.viper.oo

Bug: wrong title of TV recording on 2016 Android TV Marshmallow

Hello,

I have following problem with KD-55XD8005 with latest Marshmallow firmware as of today (6th Mar 2017). Built-in recording function often assigns wrong title to the TV recording - it uses the title of the show preceding the show that it's actually recording. I think the reason for it is that the recording starts like 5 seconds in advance of the show's start time to catch up with the actual start. And it takes the actual title the moment it starts i.e. at show's start time minus 5 seconds.  Which is often the title of the show preceding the one that it's recording. Strange thing is that it doesn't happen always and I can't figure out what's different in cases where it catches correct title. However the daily evening TV News at 7pm I'm recording every day always suffers from this problem. The recording has always wrong title - the tile of the whatever show goes before the News.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I will attempt to reproduce this issue - but which channel are you watching for the 7pm news?  Can I assume that you are in the UK?

I vaguely remember the Italians had various issues such as this in the past.

Cheers

oo.viper.oo

Unfortunately not UK, I'm in Czech Republic and the mentioned News are from local channel Prima TV so no luck with reproduction. I should have BBC in my cable subscription as well so I'll test that and see if it behaves the same way. Technically it's European market's TV set with DVB T/C/S twin tuner so it should behave the same way as your UK set I suppose.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Known issue also in German speaking countries.

oo.viper.oo

Ok, so I tested it with BBC World channel and it works the same way. I also found that when I set just single ad-hoc recording, then the title is right. But when I set daily recording of some show, then the title is wrong every day.