Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-43W805C Freeview menu & audio drop outs

UnderTheStairs
Explorer

KDL-43W805C Freeview menu & audio drop outs

Hi

I have a KDL-43W805C.

When I enter the Freeview menu via the GUIDE button on the remote, the TV audio will cut out for several seconds. Same thing happens when exiting the Freeview menu. 

Also, the Freeview menu is sluggish to populate as I scroll up and down.

It's a jarring and irritating user experience. My other non-Android Sony TV doesn't do this.

Does anyone else have this issue?

BTW I've done a factory reset and the latest firmware is installed.

Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unsure what model your other tv is, but to be honest, this is normal behaviour.  I have a KD-55XD8577 and it does the same. 

It could be related to this issue:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2040066#M48

Which from my understanding is resolved with Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).  The Marshmallow update for ATV1 varieries will be very soon !

Is your other TV one of the new 2016 models that has marshmallow already installed?

Cheers

UnderTheStairs
Explorer

Hey,

My other Sony HDTV is about 5 years old now and has a Sony OS (can't remember the model number). The functionality doesn't draw attention to itself and it's therefore much smoother to use. There really aren't anywhere near the number of issues with my older model as there are with the Android TV's by the looks of it. I definitely regret buying an Android TV. 

Checked those issues but none of them relate, thanks though.

Will the Marshmallow update apply to my model do you know?

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Oops sorry, I mis-read your original post and you mentioned your other non-android TV - I took this as another andoid one :slight_smile:

Unfortunately there are still a good amount of unresolved issues with Android TVs, but your model (KDL-43W805C) will get the Marshmallow update, when Sony roll it out.  Which is not long now from my understanding.

Cheers

UnderTheStairs
Explorer

No problem and thanks for your help, appreciated.

I'm currently working with Sony support on the issue but I think their ultimate resoponse will be that this is normal behaviour - which if so, is very, very poor design.

I'll sell this TV and get an LG. The OS on there looks a lot snappier and well executed. 

Thanks again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Curious if you can post back on what Sony Support eventually say.  As I mentioned above, it happens on my TV too :slight_smile: 

UnderTheStairs
Explorer

Absolutely, not a problem.

UnderTheStairs
Explorer

Should hear back on Monday. Apparently.

UnderTheStairs
Explorer

Just to update you, Sony customer support has been abysmal. They've run me round in circles to the point where I've given up on getting an answer from them. I can safely say I'll never buy another Sony TV, especially whilst they're throwing their lot in with Google. 

Sorry I couldn't get you an answer.

profile.country.GB.title
____Telly
Explorer

Have you thought about taking the TV back to where you bought it for a refund? I wish we had sooner. Android TVs fron Sony have only one good feature - picture quality. But everything else from the poorly designed remote (that only works if you point it within 2 degrees of the TV) through to YouView channels coming and going is so poor it's laughable. Avoid these TVs.