Join now - be part of our community!

CBS Reality app not working

profile.country.GB.title
SteveStacey
Explorer

CBS Reality app not working

• Hi

Have 2018 KD49XF9005. Only connected TV to aerial during initial set up. (Now only use Sky and WiFi for catch up-150mbps)

As you know, the CBS app is found via Youview screen, then Players. However, when I select this, screen says loading but then just blank screen. (All other apps
in same location work fine) 

Has anyone else had this problem? I thought the aerial was only needed for initial set up?)

Thank you.

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.GB.title
Elodin

Hey, you can try and clear cached data on your TV by following the steps here: Home - Settings - System - Storage - Internal Shared Storage - Cached data - Clear. I hope this helps.

profile.country.GB.title
SteveStacey
Explorer

I have already cleared cache in Youview  app. (You will know CBS Reality app found within Youview on Sony TV) 

I’m reluctant to clear data in the way suggested as this would require signing in to all the apps again, wouldn’t it? Why would I go through that again with no guarantee of success?

profile.country.GB.title
Elodin

Hey can you check if your TV is running on the latest software version here. I hope this helps

profile.country.GB.title
SteveStacey
Explorer

Updated software last week.

profile.country.GB.title
Jbennett360

Yeah I've noticed that these built in apps that can't really be removed or uninstalled 'Sony select' especially are rubbish 

Ive been having issue with ITV Hub, All 4 and Britbox. Just won't load. Rebooted, cleared cache and data for the Sony select app. Still nothing.

After 45 minutes the other night, it just finally decided it was going to load.

I wish all apps were available to install from the Play store. I never have any issues with those.

profile.country.GB.title
SteveStacey
Explorer

I’m now wondering whether I should take the nuclear option and uninstall the Youview app. (Can’t uninstall specific CBS app) Only worry then is that TV will have a nervous breakdown when switching back on, or worse initiate a factory reset.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@SteveStacey 

IIRC, you can switch away from YouView (thereby losing all the apps it brings except for the BBC iPlayer and My5), but you can’t delete it.

And if you could, using the Sony UI, it would have no business misbehaving on you.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
SteveStacey
Explorer

Hi

I’m sure there was an uninstall option when hovering over it, but probably got that wrong.

Obrigado

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey SteveStacey, are you using the Youview app from the box? Or from the internal app on the TV?

profile.country.GB.title
SteveStacey
Explorer

TV. Don’t have Humax.