Join now - be part of our community!

Colour temperature fault KDL-50W805C, Optical light fault

profile.country.BR.title
sonyfan0012

Colour temperature fault KDL-50W805C, Optical light fault

1. TV goes off with right colour temperature  Expert 1

I turn it off , and, after 8 minutes I turn on the TV... It's gone, it's all bluish.

I have to manually change it in the menu or change to:

Another HDMI

TV

App.

Did two factory resets and I won't do no more!

This is incredible. It's a basic thing. The TV has to retain its color

Configuration. I've never seen anything like this in my entire life!

2. The red optical light of the toslink connector for audio on the back of the TV doesn't go off.

I am just wondering if this nice piece of engineering is always online...

Can anyone confirm to me that, after 8 minutes off, the red toslink light goes off on the back of the TV, please?

Thank you.

91 REPLIES 91
nigelmatt234
Explorer

Just a note on the colour temp problem... if you're hoping for a resolution you can forget it. I've spent the last few weeks trying to get support from Sony on this problem and the upshot is that I'm aparently imagining it.... the engineers say it simply doesnt exist.

I pointed them to the community here and the fact its a known issue here with multiple reports - they aparently cant look at the boards... sent them a video - again, the issue just doesnt seem to register with them. All efforts to escalate or get support have failed.

I've a KDL 43W755c

So what to do... I actually really like the set when it behaves itself but what point is there in having colour calibrations if they dont stick? No choice now other than to fight it out with the retailer and go with another brand.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi There

To be honest - there will be no further bug fixes until Marshmallow (Android 6.0) is fully rolled out, as Sony have ceased developing Android Lollipop (5.1).  Once this has been rolled out, I am hoping that many of the bugs and issues in this list HERE will either be resolved or tackled by Sony.

Cheers

nigelmatt234
Explorer

thats fair enough & thanks for the reply, if the customer service rep had come back and said yep we're aware of this and it'll be picked up ina  future update I would wait.... but the tech teams dont seem to acknowledge this issue so that gives me zero confidence that it will be and another release comes and goes with the issue unresolved.

Its obviously not an issue that impacts a large number of sets in 2015 range, or perhaps a lot of folk just dont notice it and it is more widespread, but its just so annoying and the support has been disappointing to say the least

Anonymous
Not applicable

It might be the simple case of the customer services rep not knowing if its a reported issue or not.  Like many large companies, communication can break down.  I have reported this issue previously.  Also part of the battle is if an issue can be reproduced time and again - which this issue is.  So, I personally cannot see why it cannot be resolved. 

Either way though, its not going to be fixed for some time yet.  But I am hopeful that in the future it can be - fingers crossed!

Cheers

nigelmatt234
Explorer

well we'll see I guess :slight_smile:

Its just a shame i dont particularly like the neutral colour tone as thats the one the TV is determined to display regardless

These really are nice televisions if you can dodge the bugs, I've another eight months on the store receipt so will see whether my patience or the return window runs out first

profile.country.BR.title
sonyfan0012

I think many people have this problem but they don't know because they leave it at Standard. And, also, every single input has its configuration. This stupid TV has no common configuration for picture... I think the stupid Google menu is neutral by default so I think it has something to do with this too. 

I am just sad because is a great TV but they just don't care. The TVs on which they test might not have this problem but on the core of the code there has to be something that triggers this. And this should be changed. Unfortunately I don't think it will. 

profile.country.BR.title
sonyfan0012

Did the issue just went away?

How can I contact the guys from the bugs list to confirm?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As far as im aware, this issue remains unsolved. 

Cheers

profile.country.DE.title
Phil9322
Explorer

I have the same issue concerning the color temperature on my W805C. As the Marshmallow update should arrive soon, i hope it will fix it. When it's released, i'll reset my tv to factory settings before updating. Maybe this will help.

Definitely a stupid bug for a tv.   

nigelmatt234
Explorer

Just a wee update, got a call back from support out of the blue and they told me that the 3rd line tech people had acknowledged the issue in the video I sent. They are looking into how it can be resolved and hopefully it will show up in future firmware

So theres hope at least :slight_smile: