Join now - be part of our community!

Colour temperature fault KDL-50W805C, Optical light fault

profile.country.BR.title
sonyfan0012

Colour temperature fault KDL-50W805C, Optical light fault

1. TV goes off with right colour temperature  Expert 1

I turn it off , and, after 8 minutes I turn on the TV... It's gone, it's all bluish.

I have to manually change it in the menu or change to:

Another HDMI

TV

App.

Did two factory resets and I won't do no more!

This is incredible. It's a basic thing. The TV has to retain its color

Configuration. I've never seen anything like this in my entire life!

2. The red optical light of the toslink connector for audio on the back of the TV doesn't go off.

I am just wondering if this nice piece of engineering is always online...

Can anyone confirm to me that, after 8 minutes off, the red toslink light goes off on the back of the TV, please?

Thank you.

91 REPLIES 91
profile.country.DE.title
rhiley88
Explorer

That’s a valid question, but considering Sony’s proficiency and dedication in software development it appears safe to assume that even they don’t know why...

profile.country.BR.title
sonyfan0012

Up until now this is the only way to refrain the tv from moving out of the corrent colour temperature.

aka leaving IP control on.

doesn't neet to use remote start.

also, when you enable Ip control on. you will notice there is a slight  gray frame that shows up as son as you enter the ip control menu.

The same thing also shows up when you power on the tv after some hours.

(if you're in the home menu).

doesn't bother me much, cause at least it will still be at the right color temperature,

but it's a bit of a hassle having to see a grey thing showing up out of no where in front of the menu.

regarding the 20w problem. i don't think it will affect the tv.

there are worst things. like when you shut it down (with ip control off) and it never sleeps properly, waking out from 0,5 watts to 20 watts each 5 minutes when the wireless or network cable is on. I

think it's better to be at 20w fixed all times and idle than to power on from 5w to 20w and calling home, powering up the processor like nuts each 5 minutes, then turning off. At 20w, at least everything is idle more or less, not wrecking the PSU.

I am actually disconecting my home theater tv (also android) from wireless network so it will

go fully sleep mode.

But I am leaving my 50w805c on the wireless network on, tho. in my room.

The latest update tok off the APP UPDATE menu from the HELP and the ABOUT menu.

With it was possible to feed the Google Store Update list without having to leave the

auto update option on; ud pic what you wanted to update then you'd be good -- in my case, never

updating to the horrible youtube 2;19 update.

Well, now it seems my tv will be like windows 95.... never updating apps. because I wont turn on the

Auto update... wont have this new horrible youtube app.

Just a heads up for this tv owners -- this update seems to have been only for our models, nothing on the D line yet.

profile.country.DE.title
sonyw805c

As i said, i won´t do any updates anymore.... Last weekend, i decided to update to 3.925  Firmware Verison.:nerd:

Due to Video player bugs (it didn´t show a picture but the audio part works, while using Kodi SPMC  MX Player and the Sony Video app)

Now my Sony Android TV switch to cold  and not to neutral colour temperature anymore, if it was in standby.

But the menu still shows warm...

@sonyfan0012

Can you or somebody else confirm this?

A factory reset is already be done by me...don´t know  how many i already did.

Unfortunately 4 Firmware updates didn´t  solves this colour temperature problem too.  :head_bandage:

so keep posting posting posting..

Make SONY Great Again
profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

that bug, like so many others, was introduced with MM. And none of the later MM updates didn't solve any of those MM bugs that were not there on Lollipop. Clearly, regression test is alien term at SONY.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Read that over at the AVSForum:

In fact, the w800c got a fix for a color temperature bug that has plagued it for two years.

Talking about Nougat which has been released in the U.S. Seems like it fixes the issue. Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys.

How can Sony leave such a fundamental thing broken for 2 years? Curious how long it will take them to fix the Motionflow issue in 2017 E models.

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

any info on USB related issues? I mean, this is annoying but at least is fixable in more than one way.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

No word about USB so far. In the U.S. most people don't use the integrated functionality anyway. That's why Sony TVs are more popular over the pond...

profile.country.DE.title
sonyw805c

so round 5.

Can somebody report if sony finally solves this annoying problem with the colour-temperature-fault in firmware V5.381?

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/kdl-43w805c

Make SONY Great Again
profile.country.DE.title
Phil9322
Explorer

@Kuschelmonschter Can you please post the link of where exactly you read that? Nougat did not fix that problem on my w805c.

profile.country.DE.title
Phil9322
Explorer

@sonyw805c Downloaded Nougat on my W805c today; problem still remains...