Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting to the internet on Sony Bravia via mobile hotspot.

profile.country.GB.title
GeoffW1953
Explorer

Connecting to the internet on Sony Bravia via mobile hotspot.

Hi,

I'm trying to connect my Bravia KDL-40R553C to the internet via a mobile hotspot using my Samsung Galaxy A70 but it won't work. It works fine on my Android Kindle Fire. The phone won't find the TV. Is it possible to connect via a mobile hotspot rather than a router? If so what am I doing wrong? I have no router as I'm in a static caravan on the Cornish coast.

Regards

Geoff

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Ho @GeoffW1953,

"The phone won't find the TV."...

Ok but, TV find the network create?

profile.country.GB.title
GeoffW1953
Explorer

Hi,

Yes, the TV can see the network (Android AP4990) with full signal strength and asks for a WPA key. I'm assuming this would come up on the phone if it could see the TV

Regards

Geoff

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

If the problem is the Key (Password), you can find it in the Tethering (Hotspot) settings.

profile.country.GB.title
GeoffW1953
Explorer

The TV comes up with a screen headed 'network set-up - wireless security'

I enter the key/password which is 4 lower case letters followed by 4 numbers. I then click on enter. It then tells me to press enter on my remote 'to enter your security key' and it just returns me to the previous screen

Regards

Geoff

profile.country.GB.title
GeoffW1953
Explorer

Hi,

I've seen where I went wrong,

Thanks so much for your help,

Regards

Geoff

profile.country.GB.title
GeoffW1953
Explorer

Just one more thing Marino, I am now connected to the internet and can get Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, BBC iPlayer and YouTube.

Can I add ITV Hub and my IPTV app?

Thanks and regards

Geoff

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

I'm afraid, we'll have to wait for someone from the same Country to get an answer.