Join now - be part of our community!

Disabled WiFi and Bluetooth, re-enable themselves automatically

SOLVED
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Disabled WiFi and Bluetooth, re-enable themselves automatically

I had noticed this a few days ago, but I thought it was my mistake.

Today had this issue again.

Cannot specify the cause or app. Re-boot is not the cause.

New notice:

Disabled WiFi is unfortunately enabled by simply entering Home Screen - Network Settings and WITHOUT selecting Wi-Fi.

Try this:

• Goto Home Screen - Settings - Network - Advanced settings and set Built-in Wi-Fi to OFF.
  • Go back to Home Screen select Network Settings. Press nothing.
  • Go back to Home Screen - Settings - Network - Advanced settings and voila!!!! Built-in Wi-Fi IS ENABLED BY ITSELF!!!!
26 REPLIES 26
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

[Update]

June 16

I am sorry.

Not a solution.

Bluetooth was enabled again automatically

People who tried, please re-enable Google Cast - Share Usage data

Keep on searching what causes the issue........

marc.knuckle
Explorer

Hi, mine is doing this also with bluetooth. I've noticed it many times as it brings up a pair request with a Samsung j3 that we don't have which I presume a neighbour has. 

It would seem it could be this triggering it to turn on. However if I search bluetooth devices with my own phone it doesn't show the tv while bluetooth is turned off so it might not be this either. 

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Thank you Quinnicus for your great help for all of us

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

@marc.knuckle

I tried same way with two different phones.

They didn't enable bluetooth

marc.knuckle
Explorer

Hopefully we'll get some sort of answer soon 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

I can confirm that the Marshmallow update seems to have fixed the issue with Wifi enabling itself using the steps posted to try and replicate.  So that issue is fixed.

Just disabled Bluetooth, and will see if it re-enables itself over the next day or so.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bluetooth has not re-enabled itself and I can no longer replicate this issue since Marshmallow update.  So it seems both issues has been resolved.

profile.country.GB.title
Mikaerty
Explorer

Hi,

Same problem 2 years later on a KD65XF8505.
I'am very disappointed by SONY. No solution from SONY after I wrote them many times.

profile.country.GB.title
stevgil
Explorer

Hello, I know it's a bit late but I've just seen your ad and, if possible, would be keen to hear if you solved the problem of turning off both wi-fi and Bluetooth. I'm interested because I now want to buy a new Sony 4K OLED TV (55 inch) but I do not want wi-fi or Bluetooth, preferring instead to hard wire everything due to EMF. Now (Dec 2019) I see that both can actually be turned off but I wouldn't want to buy a TV where they keep switching back on automatically. I don't use apps, voice activation or any thing like that, just basic stuff as minimal as possible so perhaps there's something I could switch off or similar to prevent the switch on happening. Anyway, I thought I'd write as I'd be interested in your thoughts and whether or not you've made progress in your deliberations regarding your problems. 

Many thanks

My best wishes