Join now - be part of our community!

Disabled WiFi and Bluetooth, re-enable themselves automatically

SOLVED
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Disabled WiFi and Bluetooth, re-enable themselves automatically

I had noticed this a few days ago, but I thought it was my mistake.

Today had this issue again.

Cannot specify the cause or app. Re-boot is not the cause.

New notice:

Disabled WiFi is unfortunately enabled by simply entering Home Screen - Network Settings and WITHOUT selecting Wi-Fi.

Try this:

• Goto Home Screen - Settings - Network - Advanced settings and set Built-in Wi-Fi to OFF.
  • Go back to Home Screen select Network Settings. Press nothing.
  • Go back to Home Screen - Settings - Network - Advanced settings and voila!!!! Built-in Wi-Fi IS ENABLED BY ITSELF!!!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bluetooth has not re-enabled itself and I can no longer replicate this issue since Marshmallow update.  So it seems both issues has been resolved.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya

I think you might be right.  The other day, i disabled bluetooth, as the person in the flat below me seemed to not have a clue on what tv he has and kept trying to connect his Sammy phone to my tv.  Just looked now and well ...  Bluetooth is enabled again.

So for bluetooth, we already have an open issue of it disabling itself randomly - now its also enabling itself as well.

Just saw your part about wifi too.  Will test.

Cheers

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi Quinnicus

I remember your case with the flat below.

About Bluetooth, I tried many things like apps or settings but nothing seems to enable that way. Possibly it is matter of time

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Today, after about 9 hours of TV in Power OFF(STBY), Bluetooth is enabled again by itself.

Bluetooth in Settings - Bluetooth settings is in YES state.

I start to believe that Bluetooth is responsible for many many issues of our Android TV's.

Why Gentlemen, Sony programmers, bluetooth services cannot be stopped?

Why even if force stopped, they restart next reboot?

Why cannot Clear data in Bravia Bluetooth Service?

Why BluetoothResetService has permission to reset time zone?(so many issues reported in the past) or just have a look at all the permissions and you will understand what I mean. WiFi, USB storage, accounts, display, draw over other apps,  write TV channel inf, youview ....

A WHAT? A bluetooth service? Why?

Please give people the option to DISABLE. This is a TELEVISION, not a smart phone!!!

KD-55X8508C

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

@Anonymous

It seems(wil be sure tomorrow morning), that disabling Share usage data related to Google Cast keeps Bluetooth to OFF:

• Settings - Google Cast - Share usage data - No

then disable Bluetooth from:

• Settings - Bluetooth settings - Bluetooth - Off

Everything else in apps, related to Bluetooth even if forced stop, does not resolve issue and also those forced to stop apps are re-enabled after reboot.

I also suggest to people that have issues with WiFi to :

• follow above procedure,
  • delete their existing WiFi connections,
  • reboot,
  • re-create their connection and
  • check if issues with disconnects continue.

[Update]

June 16

Not a solution.

Bluetooth was enabled again automatically

People who tried, please re-enable Google Cast

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You have been a busy bee :wink:

Thanks for this, testing bluetooth with share usage data switched off.  Im still curious though as - doesnt casting use wifi?  And what does sharing usage data have to do with bluetooth.  But as you mentioned above, it seems many apps have bluetooth permissions.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MiCal1967 - the thing is, bluetooth doesnt actually activate itself everyday, or even a set time - where as, id expect usage data to be sent probably daily?  (just guessing to be honest)

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Yesterday I tested on a one hour and ten minutes TV Power OFF. Was automatically enabled again!!!

I don't know if apps have administrative access on Bluetooth or Bluetooth has access to apps and system but bluetooth on newer android has bugs:

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=80430

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30069657/android-cant-disable-bluetooth

http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/79219/bluetooth-keeps-turning-on

https://www.reddit.com/r/ShieldAndroidTV/comments/3vyhm8/turning_off_bluetooth_not_possible/

I hope newer Android 6 solves this kind of issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The consequence for turning OFF bluetooth (on a 2016 tv) is that the voice search no longer works, as the remote control uses bluetooth for the microphone.  Was just in YouTube doing a search on the tv - and find talking easier than using the onscreen keyboard.

Im wondering if that auto turns on bluetooth - it didnt though with sharing cast data switched off.  

Just tested, YouTube failed to auto turn on bluetooth when sharing cast data was on.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Yes, unfortunately the price is, no microphone, since this is inside RMF-TX100.

Any way I will be sure about what I wrote before, tomorrow morning.

Maybe I am completely wrong.

Thank you