Join now - be part of our community!

Error Message on using Live TV & Catchup

profile.country.US.title
Jimbo127
Explorer

Error Message on using Live TV & Catchup

When I use Live TV & Catchup I receive an error YVM 3302, weak or poor signal message then it disappears. The picture on the TV is excellent and my signal strength is 88% and quality 100%. Also have another Sony TV (different model) with similar signals and this doesn't happen.Finding this most annoying.

Anyone know why this is happening?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey @Jimbo127 

Try to clear cache and data and force stop for the Live TV & catch up. you can do that from settings-apps-see all apps.

If you didn't find LiveTV & catchup, you will find YV service host app, that's its name inside settings sometimes, then after that restart your TV by unplugging it from the wall socket and unplugging any external device from the TV.

If you could share the model of your TV to be more accurate, that would be helpful :slight_smile: 

profile.country.US.title
Jimbo127
Explorer

Thank you for your suggestion, which I tried but unfortunately still getting this error message. My TV model is KD-55XH8196. I've been on to Sony support for months trying to resolve this issue but they keep fobbing me off saying it's my aerial reception. I find this hard to accept as the signal strength is 90% and quality 100% and picture is perfect after the error message disappears. Unfortunately, the TV has only the Freeview Catch-up as the way to view terrestrial TV. I have another Sony TV different model, same aerial reception values and no issues. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Jimbo127, I see that you've already been in contact with Sony support, did you tell them about the aerial situation? Did they start a technical investigation? Or tell you a next step? Even if it's a repair? 

profile.country.US.title
Jimbo127
Explorer

Hi,

Yes I've been telling them this for months but they keep focusing on my aerial reception being at fault. On their suggestions I've renewed cable and called out an aerial installer at my cost only to find my aerial reception is ok. I've called out a repair engineer today who has taken TV away and he thinks the problem lies with the main control board.