Join now - be part of our community!

HDMI problems: No Signal. Check the external input or select another input using the INPUT buttons

Roots2018
New

HDMI problems: No Signal. Check the external input or select another input using the INPUT buttons

I couple of months ago, I upgraded and replaced my old perfectly working TV with a smart TV: Sony TV KD-55XD8577 bought as brand new. I plugged in Sky HD+ box into HDMI 1, Xbox One into HDMI 2 and external audio system into HDMI 4(ARC). Everything works perfectly well except that the HDMI continues to give me endless headaches. The problem is that I constantly receive the ‘No Signal. Check the external input or select another input using the INPUT buttons’ comment at the bottom right hand corner of the TV. It is annoying because I cannot watch anything using HDMI without first having to physically turn off TV, unplug and reconnect TV from the mains before it starts working again. The TV works fine for Netflix, YouTube or Amazon that do not require HDMI connection. The TV does recognize everything plugged into the HDMI ports but just does not work without disconnecting from the mains before watching something. I have made countless phone calls Sony customer support, I have tried everything but the issue remains unresolved. I have twice done factory resetting after updating and installing the latest software and firmware for the TV. I have tested the cables with the old TV and they worked perfectly fine, leaving me to suspect that the problem could be with Sony Bravia HDMI software. I asked Sony people to tell me if anyone has complained about this issue before but I might as well water a rock and expect it to answer. I have scoured the internet and online forums hoping to find something but still no luck. If anyone has any idea about how I can solve this problem (or are experiencing the same issue) please do let me know via the comments below, thanks.
23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

Go and buy a bunch of cheapest HDMI cables, one will work always. I had the same with my AVR. And on the TV before with my SAT box. And cable that didn't work on previous TV with SAT box works perfectly on this one with AVR. HDMI is just a very poor standard because apparently every manufacturer can implement it in their own way.

Roots2018
New

Thank you for your response. I tried this yesterday but it did not resolved
the issue.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try turning off 'Control for HDMI' or HDMI-CEC features to the Xbox and SkyHD+ and see if it helps with the issue.

Cheers

Roots2018
New

Thank you for your response, I tried this but it still has not resolved the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try going through the advanced steps in this thread:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/hdmi-problems-troubleshooting-steps/td-p/2141941

Basically it involves breaking up your system and taking it back to its most basic setup.  Then slowly add each device individually - eventually you will probably come to the problem device that is causing interference.

A good tip also is to separate the HDMI cables as far as possible away from the power and aerial cables - reducing the likelyhood of EM interference too. 

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
vikarshaikh18
New

Same problem with me and i try with another 2-3 cable but problem not solved

profile.country.EE.title
cruz_sony
Explorer

I am having the same issue on a 75 Sony Bravia 4k tv purchased last year (Nov 2016) with Verizon FIOS.  When the TV is turned off for a while (4 hrs or more) I get the No Signal error.  As soon as I reboot the Set top box, it will start working.  Initially I thought the problem was the box from Verizon.  I requested for a new box but got the same error message each morning.  I connected the same box to another location with a Panasonic plasma TV and the problem is gone.

I am now convinced that the problem is with the Sony TV.  Could be the Android software that keeps updating on my TV.  I have another 55 Sony Bravia 4k TV that has the same exact problem.

profile.country.GB.title
Hainzyjoe
New

I have a KD55XD8599 5/5/17, got it to replace my KDL46HX823. Today, No Input display? Checked all HDMI inputs, same response, No Input! Unplugged KD55, plugged in KDL46 & everything worked fine. Plugged back KD55, no Input on any HDMI. Replugged KDL46, everything works fine, must be a fault with the KD55. Have contacted Richer Sounds (Shop) awaiting response. 5 years warranty remaining. 

profile.country.GB.title
impy135
Explorer

I have had a KD55A1 for about a year now, connected to a Sky Q box. I have started to get this message recently and it is becoming more frequent. I need to turn everything off for 5 minutes and power up again to solve the problem each time. Very annoying. Going back to Curry's to see what they say.