Join now - be part of our community!

Eurosport "Not available in your country" - even when running on WiFi (XE9005)

profile.country.GB.title
rgledhill

Eurosport "Not available in your country" - even when running on WiFi (XE9005)

Hi all,

I've just installed the Eurosport App from the Google Play store and I get the dreaded "Eurosport player is not available in this country" problem.  I normally run from Ethernet but have the option ticked to allow Android to scan WiFi for location, even if WiFi is turned off.  However I've now even tried disconnecting the Ethernet cable and connecting to my WiFi and I still have the problem!

I can't find any location spoofing Apps for Android TV (due to lack of GPS hardware, the GPS spoofers don't work) so I can't set the location manually.  I've tried installing Accuweather and letting it get the location automatically from Android, and I get "Network Connection Error", so clearly something on the TV is failing to find the location.  Running the Eurosport Player App on my phone, on the same WiFi, works perfectly.

Sony, can you help?  I've just subscribed to Eurosport and now find I can't watch it on my new TV!  Can I somehow set my location manually?

My TV is a KD-49XE9005 with the latest software update.

Thanks
Richard

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @rgledhill

Have a look at the solution posted by a member in

this thread   to see if it helps you too.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
rgledhill

Thanks - I started there but turning the WiFi on made no difference, so I thought it worth starting a new thread.

Richard

profile.country.GB.title
rgledhill

Ok, weird update on this.  I still hadn't got the Eurosport Player app running on the TV, so I was running it on my phone, controlling Chromecast in the TV.  Then as part of following through the support questions from Eurosport, I went to the Opera browser and visited whatsmyip.org to find out the IP address.  Immediately after this, I ran the Eurosport Player app and it worked fine!!

So if you can't get it past the "Not available in your country" message, try opening the Opera web browser and going to whatsmyip.org, then closing it and going back to the Eurosport Player app.

Worked for me... for now :thinking: