Join now - be part of our community!

Extending memory on android tv

SOLVED
RobEarls
Explorer

Extending memory on android tv

I've got a kd-49x8005c in the UK.

Actually I love the tv, no sync or Wi-Fi issues.  What bothers me most is the lack of ram. I think 8gb?

I can't find an SD card slot.. I assume there isn't one.  If I get a USB stick, can I use this to put apps onto.  Or at least set the default download folder to the stick?

Or are there any other options?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DJayM1988

@RobEarls wrote:

Actually I love the tv, no sync or Wi-Fi issues.  What bothers me most is the lack of ram. I think 8gb?

I can't find an SD card slot.. I assume there isn't one.  If I get a USB stick, can I use this to put apps onto.  Or at least set the default download folder to the stick?

I think he^ misunderstood what your talking about, no way does your TV have 8gb RAM you must be referring to the amount of space you have available for apps videos pictures and all that good stuff. This can be extended with a USB Stick (if your tv supports playback from a USB stick, some only support upgrading firmware through usb) anyways im not sure what the limit is probably not the same for every model# but ive currently got a 64GB flash drive plugged into mine and IIRC i also have 8gb of onboard storage (this can not be expanded) so right now im rocking around 72gb. If your wanting to extend the RAM which is likely to be less than 2gb this isnt possible and its not a limitation of the TV the only way to extend RAM is to replace it just like we do in our computers.

Actually i dont think its possible to store apps on external memory never tried it on my TV but you can definitely put pix,videos and music and various types of files on there 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

At this moment it is not possible using the current version of Android (Lollipop).  I believe expandable memory is in the next version (Marshmallow).  

Cheers

DJayM1988

@RobEarls wrote:

I think he^ misunderstood what your talking about, no way does your TV have 8gb RAM you must be referring to the amount of space you have available for apps videos pictures and all that good stuff. This can be extended with a USB Stick (if your tv supports playback from a USB stick, some only support upgrading firmware through usb) anyways im not sure what the limit is probably not the same for every model# but ive currently got a 64GB flash drive plugged into mine and IIRC i also have 8gb of onboard storage (this can not be expanded) so right now im rocking around 72gb. If your wanting to extend the RAM which is likely to be less than 2gb this isnt possible and its not a limitation of the TV the only way to extend RAM is to replace it just like we do in our computers.

Actually i dont think its possible to store apps on external memory never tried it on my TV but you can definitely put pix,videos and music and various types of files on there