Join now - be part of our community!

Factory reset not working

profile.country.GB.title
didi1961

Factory reset not working

Hi, Had to Factory reset my KD43X8305C TV as the TV function stopped working and a soft reset didn't cure it. After the initial factory reset, the TV turns back on and shows 'SONY' for a few seconds and then moves onto the 'bouncy ball graphics' for a few seconds, then turns off, back on and the word SONY appears again and then the bouncy ball graphics and then turns off and on again and just keeps repeating this process for hours - left it on overnight. Any ideas? 

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @didi1961,

It sounds like there is an issue preventing your TV from completing the boot process succesfully. For information on how to resolve this issue, please look at the scenarios listed on this article.

Keep us posted!

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
didi1961

Hi dutchice,

Tried it several times and it seems that the start up screen doesn't get as far as the word Android before trying to re-boot again. No problem getting the light to go green, tv re-starts, nice big multy coloured circle, re-starts and the 'bouncing balls' graphics appear but then freezes and re-starts before the word Android appears. I'll try support unless anyone has any other ideas?

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
dariodigiuni
New

What was the conclusion? Same issue, calling support on Monday.

profile.country.GB.title
FELIZADASA
Explorer

@didi1961 wrote:

Hi dutchice,

Tried it several times and it seems that the start up screen doesn't get as far as the word Android before trying to re-boot again. No problem getting Xender Discord Omegle the light to go green, tv re-starts, nice big multy coloured circle, re-starts and the 'bouncing balls' graphics appear but then freezes and re-starts before the word Android appears. I'll try support unless anyone has any other ideas?

Thanks

It sounds like there is an issue preventing your TV from completing the boot process succesfully. For information on how to resolve this issue, please look at the scenarios listed on this article.

profile.country.GB.title
SalihToyran
Explorer

Hi didi,

I am having exactly same issue here. Tried everything but had no luck. Still stuck with bouncing android and endless restarting cycle. What was your solution?

Warm Regards,

profile.country.GB.title
didi1961

Unfortunately a new TV - not a Sony one

Sent from my iPhone

=============================================================================================
FEEDWATER Ltd was established in 1976. We deliver water treatment solutions to reduce your operating costs and risks.
We are a private, 100% UK-owned limited company registered in England & Wales: Company Reg Number: 1274270
Registered Address: Tarran Way West, Tarran Industrial Estate, Moreton, WIRRAL, CH46 4TU, United Kingdom
Telephone: +44 (0)151 606 0808 Fax: +44 (0)151 678 5459 Website: www.feedwater.co.uk VAT Number: 166 4772 35
=============================================================================================

For more information please visit http://www.mimecast.com

This email message has been delivered safely and archived online by Mimecast.
profile.country.GB.title
pearcey225
New

Got the same issue now, did you manage to get resolve?

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Fab3rge

I’ve had this issue for the past 3+ years and every time I contact Sony, they will not acknowledge that the TV is faulty and insist I reset it - this does not work and the TV models are clearly faulty. They just do not want to fix them as it’s going to cost too much, but I’ve paid out over £1200 for a faulty TV I expected to work decently, and for a good few years. It’s the worst TV I’ve ever used.