Join now - be part of our community!

Factory reset not working

profile.country.GB.title
didi1961

Factory reset not working

Hi, Had to Factory reset my KD43X8305C TV as the TV function stopped working and a soft reset didn't cure it. After the initial factory reset, the TV turns back on and shows 'SONY' for a few seconds and then moves onto the 'bouncy ball graphics' for a few seconds, then turns off, back on and the word SONY appears again and then the bouncy ball graphics and then turns off and on again and just keeps repeating this process for hours - left it on overnight. Any ideas? 

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Fab3rge

I’ve been trying to get Sony to fix this for years and I’m on the verge of giving up. 

If anyone is interested, there is a 20% off sale on a major competitor’s website right now and I’m looking at buying a new TV - I’ll give this broken tv to charity. Let some other poor soul have the pleasure of trying to use it. 

profile.country.GB.title
Fab3rge

Rebooting the tv doesn’t fix the problem long term. Take it from me. I’ve had to reboot my Sony tv at least once a week for the past 3 years. It’s less painful than trying to get Sony to admit liability for their broken tv.