Join now - be part of our community!

firmware and remote.

profile.country.GB.title
jace1969

firmware and remote.

Hi all,i have a Sony KD-49X8309c and the picture is amazing and had it a year,the 2 things i would like to ask.

My firmware is......PKG3.885.0137EUB.....is this the uptodate one.

Also will the new remote with the speaker for the voice search work on mine as i done have

....EDIT............after trying 3 ways i went into the setting and the storage/reset to see if the t.v can see the u.s.b drive and its there and says ''calculating'' so t.v can see it in u.s.b slot 1 but it wont auto open to install the firmware,plug it in and nothing pops up,do i have to format this drive on the t.v or will it be ok doing it on the laptop.

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

A new Android update (still 6.0.1, thogh) has been released a couple of days ago: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-x83xxc-series/kd-49x8309c/downloads/00014...

It should be available via OTA (update straight from the TV). Otherwise follow the instruction to install it via USB.

I didn't understand the question about the voice control on the remote. But if the remote has the speaker I don't see why the TV shouldn't support it via BlueTooth (probably it must be paired manually, first).

profile.country.GB.title
jace1969

Hi,thanks for the reply,my TV shows up with this firmware and says its upto date when i check,i found this firmware version by following the online sony help by going through setting and its on the top right of the page,i was just seeing if this did update itself as its on Auto update and this was the one released a few days ago.

My friend has just had a 2017 sony tv 49'' and his remote is like mine just apart from 2 main things,it has the speaker in the remote and the mike button that you press on the top and the 2ng thing it has the Google Play button next to the Netflix,my remote only has the Netflix and was just seeing if the new remote would work on my t.v.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Well, since your friend has the remote, the easiest thing would be to borrow it and see if it works, in case you plan to buy one. All Sony remotes work with all Sony televisions (leave or take some features). At least they do with all my Sony TV, no matter the age.

Then, if your TV has the Bluetooth (and I suppose it does), the microphone in the remote should work as well after pairing it. the SW to manage it should  be in the OS (Android) already. Unless the BlueTooth version in the remote is higher than the one in your TV. But I can't swear on this, it must be tested. 

profile.country.GB.title
jace1969

I think i will try this with the remote cheers.

As for the firmware update i read there was a new one from 25th of this month rolling out all through november,i have tried putting it onto the u.s.b but as the Auto update says upto date it wont reconise the u.s.b as the sony info says ''turn on tv and plug u.s.b drive in and follow the pop up instructions but nothing pops up'' so it still thinks it has the new version i think,i think that is how it works,got the new firmware from the page i Registed my t.v on and where it says 25/10/17 rolling out update,i formated my u.s.b drive first so its only got the Firmware on.

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Remember that you must unzip the file you download from Sony and then put the .pkg file in the root/home directory of the USB Key. Then to know if you have the latest firmare installed press the "help" button. In the top right you'll find a code. If it says "PKG3.925.xxxx" then the TV is updated. Otherwise you can install the file from the USB Key as I described.

profile.country.GB.title
jace1969

Thanks a lot for that its a great help,yes i did not unzip it so thanks.

Good forum this is.

profile.country.GB.title
jace1969

Hi there again,tried all the stuff with the u.s.b and still no joy,unzip the file to me desctop then drag and drop it into my u.s.b.drive (i looked at the file and it was un-ziped.)and waited as a large file,put it into t.v as you said and went to the help where auto update is on and pressed search for latest and it searched and said i have the latest installed (this is all done while the u.s.b drive is plugged into u.s.b slot 1 and also tried slot 3,my version i have on the top right where you say look is .PKG3.885.0137EUB so either this is the latest one for my t.v or im doing something wrong,Auto update is always on.Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
jace1969

Hi,sorry to bother you again but my t.v does show 6.0.1 and also .PKG3.885.0137EUB and just wont update throught the u.s.b so i have just gave it,tried all stuff and just says when i do it on the search the t.v is upto date and this number comes up when i chech what version .PKG3.885.0137EUB.

I have read on the sony site and says if the firmware is above (it gives you a firmware number which is lower than mine) you t.v is upto date.