Join now - be part of our community!

KD55XE8596

profile.country.GB.title
leggoman
Explorer

KD55XE8596

Been a sony fan for years and have had some great gear over many years, now beeping 60. But after spending my savings  on a 4K TV with free sound bar from PC WORLD.

After visiting three days and talki g with sony sales representative I came home with my TV sound bar and two extra Bluetooth speakers at another £300 on top.

The horror started when we got home TV screen was smashed, returned for replacement.

So pleased the first time I have  ever took out extra cover.

NEW TV set up as per manuals added the sound bar, connected internet?

So I am ready to watch some fantastic TV and sound as shown in PCWORLD.

No nothing like the same, the TV is a nightmare the menu is so slow.

Takes ages to load menus you think nothing is happening you press botton again it will close down  and put tv back on.

Trying to watch my Amazon 4k Tv box.sellect input from remote no time to pick input as it's turned back to TV programme.

When I do get to watch tv from box going to TV programmes is ok but going back to box I get sound but now picture just black screen. Have to unplug Amazon box to get picture on screen.

Apple tv box and now tv box can be very hit and miss to going from tv to box back to TV.

Then sound bar sound volume is so low. PCWORLD would not help as sound bar was free with tv and even as they said speaker's would work with sound bar and did not would not held. So I asked rep what sound bar works with £300 speakers thay sold me.new £500 sound bar weeks latter still reading and trying to get them connected as surround sound. Not that loud 600watt.

Nightmare

TV guide

Menu so slow

I put select to fast to pick item you been

Sound bar sound very low for 600watt

Bluetooth speakers as surround sound don't connect

So is it bad tv or is it me?

TV software speakers all updates installed OK

Internet 100meg VM hub 3.0 hard wired

Hard wire sound bar and tv box's

I Have done a full reset still the same.

So I am kind of now very unhappy owner of this sony setup.

Can any one offer any help as to what I can do as I'm now at a dead end what to do next

I'm not a noody Iv read and read been on net and have a electrical back ground and radeo amateur and like my toys. But this TV has beaten me.

Help needed before I go mad

Thank for looking.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

oh dear this is my next and 3rd replacement model, so im not holding out much hope.

My advice, take it back and go for not fit for purpose, for me the main issue is slowness & tv crashing all the time.  Sounds like i have more of the same coming 😞

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @leggoman - I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been experiencing.  I've escalated your post for you, so someone from Support should be in touch soon to help.

Cheers,
C

profile.country.GB.title
leggoman
Explorer

If my TV was crashing like yours yes I would take mine back for sure.
But I am not having that, mine is being slow and menus not opening when you
pick them.
This is a software problem and yes it's driving me mad but I am hoping it
will be fixed with a software update.
It's down to if sony will listen and update it.
The menu system needs work for sure. Needs time setting to stop it closing
ie needs a stop button or wait till a option is picked before going back.
Also the one thing that makes me mad is no backup of your setting. ie save
to USB Drive or network. As I fed up with TV changing settings and then iv
got to find how to change them back. Reset to customers settings would just
be over the moon.