Join now - be part of our community!

Firmware install problem

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
jace1969

Firmware install problem

I have a sony kd-49x8309c and having bad problems trying to up-date my firmware by u.s.b.

I have the file.........pkg3.925 off the sony site under my registered TV so its the right one.

What i have done.

Downloaded file to p.c then unzipped it to Desktop.

Open u.s.b drive and format it them drag the file(whole yellow folder whats un-zipped) to u.s.b.

Take the u.s.b drive and put it into t.v (site says plug it in and follow instructions )

Nothing pops up for me to follow.

It can see the u.s.b drive as its in the storage/reset page under setting.

my t.v is connected to the internet but still says PKG3.885.0137EUB and says my t.v is upto date.

Doing it by u.s.b i can get the new PGK3.925 update now to this firmware.

Thanks.........I have put another Message on here but it was not just about Firmware.

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
jace1969

can i just say a big thank you to all that have helped and at last i can say i have solved it.

U.S.B stick at fault,although it worked on laptop and works on t.v going through storage/reset on setting and it was there it would not Auto pop up for the file to install so got a cheap Sandisk stick only 16gb for £5 and workd first time.

...............This forum is a massive help...........Its a shame the update didnt solve the Blootooth earphones

to connect to sony t.v's.

THANKS

profile.country.PL.title
Agnieszka_J

We are very happy to hear that your problem was resolved! A big thank you to all involved!

Best wishes,

Agnieszka_J