Join now - be part of our community!

Free 4k Movie offer

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Mike_c1986
New

Free 4k Movie offer

Hi All,

I purchased a KD-43XE8005 and was told that i would be able to get a 4k movie via Google play - there are also adverts when I'm on the TV. However when I go into google Play fil and TV the catagory that the offer states should be there is no where to be found.

Has any one else had to deal with this? Am i missing something i can only find information on rpevious offers and american and canadian offers when i search.

Any help much appreciated. Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
chdawes72

Yes - to a fashion !

Never got to the bottom of why the 4K category won't appear in the Play Movie Store on my TV but they ended up sending me two codes to redeem.

The only caveat is that you can only redeem one per google account so now I have 2 movies but I have to log in with different credentials to view them - not ideal 😞

profile.country.GB.title
therealvinceunlimited

I purchased a Sony Bravia 55" KD-55AF8 OLED TV.  It is running Android version 7.0.  I was not aware of the offer until it appeared as a panel on the top line of 'Apps' on the Homescreen.  It was easy to activate, although I cannot recall if I had to input my own previously registred Google sign in details.

In case some are not doing this make sure the TV is connected to a broadband source as the Google Play Store is a streaming service.

You might also be able to get the offer by going into the Google Play Movies & TV App within 'Featured Apps'.  When here I can now access 'my' movies, TV shows etc within the Library icons.  For information I downloaded 'Baby Driver' and 'Inferno', two films I hadn't previously seen.  However I was unable to view in 4K as my internet does not stream fast enough.  Vince

profile.country.GB.title
therodriguez
New

Good for you! , but i have the same issue, and try many time and still not having the link to reedem even the  TV promo said "Through December 31,  2020" on my XBR-75X900F. Does anyone have any solution that dosen't fix it self?