Join now - be part of our community!

FreeSat and Sky encrypted channels mixed up

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
retiredbri45
Explorer

FreeSat and Sky encrypted channels mixed up

UK User Sept 2020

I’ve just got a Sony Android TV, KD-49XH8196 that has a Satellite receiver in addition to the Terrestrial receiver. When it tunes the Astra satellite it also picks up a nearby satellite, maybe BSB?   The result is that the EPG shows the Freesat TV and Radio channels (about 122) all mixed in with about 400 more (could be SKY “subscribed” channels).

I’ve got the Sony Channel Editor but am at a loss as to how I can get the EPG to just show just the 122 channels that come under the Freesat” banner.

My previous Panasonic set just tunes the 122 channels.

I’ve hunted the Forums high and low but have not got an answer. Any tips please?  

Also, the UK channel More4 is showing as an encrypted channel while adjacent channels are free to view. Any ideas how to get More4 retuned back to free to view?

At 75, I’m struggling.

Regards retiredbri

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@HannahEd01 

How do you know that about why recording on YouView doesn’t work?

And is it more accurate than ‘2020 models don’t get Freeview’, which I’m pretty certain is not the case?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@royabrown2 there is not such a thing as youview or even freeview in Italy (though we have a consortium called Tvsat for satellite that requires a smartcam for decription of FTA channels). So you can record streaming from any tuner you choose. BTW in Italy instead Samsung (since few years) and LG (since 2020's models) stripped off altogether the PVR capabilities on their sets.