Join now - be part of our community!

Freeview Player

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
urchfont15
Explorer

Freeview Player

Can the Bravia KD50SD8005 4K curved tv software be updated to download the Freeview Play and UK-TV Play apps ?

Had no success so far. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Have you looked for these in the Google Play TV Store on the set? If they are not there you can’t do it, at least not straightforwardly.

But I don’t think Freeview Play is an app, anyway. It’s a whole UI, which a TV either comes with or it doesn’t, and these sets come with YouView, a rival to Freeview Play, albeit one without the UK TV Player, instead.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Have you looked for these in the Google Play TV Store on the set? If they are not there you can’t do it, at least not straightforwardly.

But I don’t think Freeview Play is an app, anyway. It’s a whole UI, which a TV either comes with or it doesn’t, and these sets come with YouView, a rival to Freeview Play, albeit one without the UK TV Player, instead.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking