Join now - be part of our community!

Google Stadia on ATV2 Android TV

profile.country.IT.title
Luigi_R

Google Stadia on ATV2 Android TV

Hello guys! Has anyone tried to sideload google stadia on the TV?

It seems that the latest version can now be installed on Android TVs (still by sideloading the app). The gamepad and the remote controller that comes with the TV are both recognized.

I have tried turning on the Experimental model but as soon as it starts to load the game an error occurs. My TV is an "old" XD8077.

The funny thing is that I am able to play on even older huawei phone running nougat.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi Luigi,

Well if you can sideload an app its not a guarantee that its working. Most likely the app is not programmed for ATV and therefore crashes.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.IT.title
Luigi_R

And indeed I am not asking why it crashes but if there have been users that managed to make it work. There are plenty of videos on youtube with stadia running well on Android TV (including Sony TVs).

The version of Stadia was 2.19 if I am right but I have installed the latest 2.36 and it did not work. I do not know whether the problem is my TV or they have broken something meanwhile.

profile.country.IT.title
Luigi_R

Ok I went back and installed the version 2.19 which is indeed the only one where I was able to load the game and play using the gamepad.

In the version 2.23 and 2.26, google has added the support to 4K and HDR, switched from portrait to landscape orientation but the gamepad was not well recognized

Starting from version 2.29, the app is not able to load properly the games anymore.

Let's say there is some hope that old ATV will be supported for Stadia

profile.country.LV.title
aleazorin
New

Hola Luigi, efectivamente la versión 2.19 era la única que funcionaba, pero desde hace un tiempo no se puede utilizar porque es necesario actualizarla, no entiendo porque Google pone restricciones en su propio sistema operativo, no sé si algún día volverá a ser compatible con android TV 8, es una pena me interesaba tener stadia en la TV, si te enteras de alguna novedad, infórmame, gracias