Join now - be part of our community!

HDD recordings list wrong details

profile.country.GB.title
Roger_H

HDD recordings list wrong details

This seems to be a long running problem in one form or another.

My older Sony KDL-32wd756 bravia smart TV records the right programme but sometimes shows it in the recordings list with the wrong programme title.

My new KD55A8BU android TV seems to have the correct programme title in the recordings list but in most cases the programme summary is for a different programme.  See photo below of new TV recordings list.

The only programme on this list with the correct summary is Miss Saigon.  All the others are wrong.

Is this going to be resolved?

Recorded shows data wrong.jpg

18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.GB.title
Fuzyphil

I concur, all of the above. MY Sony Bravia AF9 OLED suffers all the issues outlined in this post and it’s infuriating. I have just cancelled Sky and decided instead to stick with the Android TV’s built in features. The image quality is excellent but the software functionality is appalling. Recordings are missing correct titles and give wrong program info, no pause or rewind. You can’t even switch a channel in any of the EPG’s without having a pointless intermediate stage to click to confirm a channel change. Basically all the gripes already mentioned in this post are present. Youview is about 70% functional and can’t record anything though god knows why not. If you can record Freeview and Freesat to a usb drive why can’t you record using the same method with Youview? The Youview MyTV functionality is very flaky. Some days it works whilst others you just get an annoying useless error code that doesn’t provide any useful information as to how fix the problem. Sony don’t have answer neither does Youview. Both supports refer you to the other. Sony / Youview. Sony need to fix all these buggy issues. 

profile.country.GB.title
ukmax1

I have had Sony "support" dealing with this recording software issue matter for a few weeks now and we are getting nowhere. I received a list of 5 suggestions followed by a list of 13 (yes THIRTEEN) questions most of which had absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the recording issue. Sony are now clearly using obfuscatory tactics probably (hopefully) whilst they address this problem in a software upgrade. I have already put the supplier of this TV (Curry's) on notice that it is not fit for purpose and as soon as the store opens again I am taking it in in order to demonstrate the problem to them.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi guys, a key to know what's going on is to be aware of few things, first, no recording on YouView, why? The functionality of the features on the TV is "NOT" controlled by Sony. The timer recording "WILL" start on time, so if the broadcaster changed it, it won't pick it up.

What to do for other software issues? Update the software, make sure it's the latest by comparing it to the version on the website. And if it's not update it manually.

profile.country.GB.title
ukmax1

Thanks for your input HannahEd01.  

I don't (and never will) use YouVeiw but in any event, my issue is with the recording process in general,  the software itself is badly flawed and Sony are clearly reluctant to admit it.   In fact the operating software in general is a bit flakey and often returns unexpected (occasionally no) results when certain commands are sent.  

I think that most, if not all of the TVs are set to automatically update the software and mine is certainly up to date.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

what's the model number of your TV? Did you compare the version to the one on the support page?

profile.country.GB.title
ukmax1

Hello HannahEd01,

I am assuming your reply is addressed to me.

The model is KD-65XH8096.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Did you compare the version to the one on the support page?"

Regards,

Max

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Yes, I meant the software version, do you have the same as the following? https://bit.ly/3e4qkGl

profile.country.GB.title
Roger_H

Since posting this problem, there have been several software updates to the TV but nothing to fix the problem.

Surely in the 21st century it's not beyond the capabilities of Sony's tech guys to resolve this issue.

They are selling high-end TVs and the HDD recordings list is just garbage.

Please put a little effort into fixing this fault that probably affects all HDD recording Sony Tvs...

profile.country.GB.title
ukmax1

I'm pleased to say that I have solved the very many problems I had with this SONY TV.......

I got rid of it and bought a Samsung!