Join now - be part of our community!

Help..Sony 65XD9305 HDR Settings

profile.country.GB.title
krs12345
Explorer

Help..Sony 65XD9305 HDR Settings

Hi All,

I really hope someone can help. I have calibrated my tv to my preference for SD, SKY HD, Sky UHD and bluray. I am very happy with my settings. Now with HDR im really struggling. When watching UHD BLURAY and certain things on Amazon UHD HDR material the red looks well too bright and the greens look luminous. i cant get the settings right. its driving me INSANE. as an example watch mad dogs on amazon video in uhd hdr and the red are blinding and green forests grass etc looks like is radioactive lmao. i cant take a screen shot of my settings cuz my sons watching tv but off my head:

Brightness - max

Contrast - max

Gamma - 0 

Black level 50

Colour =49

Black asjust off

Contrast adjuster = off

Local dimming and extended dynamic range are grey out.

Sharpness is left at 50

Colour is left to auto but for uhd hdr it obviously uses bt2020

Resolution is on 20. yes i know it should be off but i like it. 

Colour type = neutrol i dont like warm or expert. sorry i know its not called colour type but as i said i cant get to my settings just now and i know my order is correct either.

Has anyone else adjusted there sertings for HDR. I dont really want to mess with the gain and bias i am not a pro but do change the settings as soon as i get a tv to get the best picture possible. If people have messed with gain and bias let me know but please note as i use neutrol setting for all my material. changing it will have to work and look good in my normal cinema mode for the rest of the material.

Any help would be really appreciated cuz im litterely going insane and cant enjoycuhd hdr 😞

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
krs12345
Explorer

Oh and live colour is off 🙂

Thanks agin if anyone can assist 🙂