Join now - be part of our community!

Home button not working after last firmware update SONY 55XD8599

profile.country.GB.title
kroosah

Home button not working after last firmware update SONY 55XD8599

To whoever is reading...

Went to watch a video on YouTube at the weekend and realised the Home button no longer brings up the Home menu. I tried it with the remote control and with the app on my mobile.The TV clearly shows the remotes are working as the led flashes to indicate activity.

All my apps are at the home menu, so i am not able to acces them now!

I think it is related to the latest installed firmware?  Anybody with the same issue?

This is not my first issue with this television. If the problem occurs i will bring it back!

Thanks!

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Try that:

The key is to clear the application data and cache of the System Software Update app by going into the settings -> Apps via the Help button.

profile.country.GB.title
kroosah

Will try that tonight.

Thanks, i let you know the result :slight_smile:

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

This is the solution to the infamous "grey HOME screen" problem. It has mainly been reported in American forums for some reason.

profile.country.GB.title
kroosah

I hope so!

But the cause is the latest firmware upate?

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Any of the recent updates can cause this. Also latest.

profile.country.GB.title
kroosah

Annoying!

Thanks for your help, will try it tonight :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
kroosah

Hi,

I tried your solution yesterday but i can not find it. Where can i clear the application data/cache? I pressed the "HELP" button on my remote control and i didn't find anything like you mentioned.

See attachment of what i am seeing after i pressed the HELP button. It is in dutch but maybe you reconize some things?Help.JPG

Hopefully you can help me?

Thanks in advanced.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

There should be the possibility to enter Settings from this menu. I haven't tried it myself. Here is another hint:

To access the settings, press the Help button, then under how to use your tv scroll to the end and select Settings. Then go to configuring -> TV -> Jump to settings.

It is the second row. At the end there should be the Settings menu. Inside you will find the Apps menu where you should find the System Software Update app.

profile.country.GB.title
kroosah

Hi,

Sounds good!

I'll give it another try tonight.

Thanks again!