Join now - be part of our community!

Home button not working after last firmware update SONY 55XD8599

profile.country.GB.title
kroosah

Home button not working after last firmware update SONY 55XD8599

To whoever is reading...

Went to watch a video on YouTube at the weekend and realised the Home button no longer brings up the Home menu. I tried it with the remote control and with the app on my mobile.The TV clearly shows the remotes are working as the led flashes to indicate activity.

All my apps are at the home menu, so i am not able to acces them now!

I think it is related to the latest installed firmware?  Anybody with the same issue?

This is not my first issue with this television. If the problem occurs i will bring it back!

Thanks!

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
kroosah

Hi,

My television had a lot of strange issues so i decided to make it factory default.

Because of you i was able to access the settings menu, thank you for that!
To access the settings, press the Help button, then under how to use your tv scroll to the end and select Settings. Then go to configuring -> TV -> Jump to settings.

My TV is working great again :slight_smile:

profile.country.FI.title
CapoDiTutti
Explorer

same problem but with KD-55X8505C

profile.country.GB.title
bridavis
Explorer

Hi, 

How did you resolve the issue?

Regards

Brian.

profile.country.GB.title
kroosah

Hi,

My television had a lot of strange issues so i decided to make it factory default.

To access the settings, press the Help button, then under how to use your tv scroll to the end and select Settings. Then go to configuring -> TV -> Jump to settings.

Good luck

Randy

profile.country.GB.title
bridavis
Explorer

Hi Kroosah, 

thanks for your reply, 

I tried what you sugested but those tiles in Settings were just not there, in the end I got in touch with Sony support by phone, gave the access to my TV and they did a factory reset via the internet, apparently that's the only way it could be done, anyway everything is working fine now with the new OS.

regards

Brian.

profile.country.GB.title
kroosah

Hi Brian,

Glad that everything is working fine now.

Regard,

Randy