Join now - be part of our community!

How to get my Bravia KD49XG9005 to switch to my Intel Win 10 NUC

profile.country.US.title
thusband
New

How to get my Bravia KD49XG9005 to switch to my Intel Win 10 NUC

We just received our Bravia but I haven't fired it up yet because we don't have Internet yet. I'll have it hard wired to an Intel Win 10 NUC (Ethernet and HDMI) and also Ethernet to the router. I have Plex and Plex Server on the NUC. How will I switch to the PC? Will the Bravia automatically recognize the NUC during setup?

Also, I guess I'll use the Plex App in Android TV. Will it see Plex Server on the NUC?

Thanks for any guidance.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Hopefully a community member can help.

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @thusband,

A warm welcome to the Sony Online Community and congratulations on your new Sony Android TV!

Once you connect your TV to the mains the initial setup process will start. During this setup process you will be provided with the option to connect and configure the internet connection to your TV. As part of this process you will also be required to provide or create a Google user account for making use of the Google services which your TV is able to offer.

As soon as the setup process completes successfully you will reach the Android TV home screen, where you can find the Google Play Store app. You should be able to search and install the PLEX player app for Android TV from there. The PLEX app will require also an active internet connection in order to find and authorize your TV PLEX player app to access your PLEX server on the NUC. So make sure you provide the same PLEX account credentials as you have already on your NUC. Once you do that, the PLEX player app will discover and list the name of your existing PLEX server and offer to connect to it. You then will have full access to your entire library content on your NUC PLEX server.

Feel free to post all your questions on our community as I am sure there will many yet to come during these exciting days of setting up and making use of your new 4K TV.

Cheers,

Dutchice