Join now - be part of our community!

How to get out of Youview?

LouisMKD
New

How to get out of Youview?

Hi,

My family recently purchased one of the Sony Android TV's. I don't live in the country, so wasn't around for the initial setup, however have been home for Christmas and had a little play around with it. Seems to be really good.

One problem we have just had though, is that the TV was put into Youview mode (App?) and for the life of me I have no idea how to get it back into the normal TV mode. Although Youview seems good, its a lot slower than whatever guide was being used before. 

I've had a really long play around with the TV and unless i am missing something ridiculosuly basic, I have no idea how to get back to the inital TV Guide page that was being used. Its also not possible to switch between TV and Radio when in Youview mode.

Any idea guys?

Cheers

60 REPLIES 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

To disable YouView

1. Press [Home] button on the remote control
  2. Go to 'Settings'
  3. Go to 'Channel Setup'
  4. Go to 'YouView Setup'
  5. Select 'Disable YouView'
  6. Select 'Yes' to confirm

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Both Guides slow down when the TV gets unhappy.

You just happened to see it on YouView, not Freeview, at the time.

The solution is to press the On/Standby button on the remote for just over five seconds, and cause the TV to soft reboot.

After this, you should find the YouView EPG as snappy as the Freeview one.

Even though it goes 7 days into the past, as well as going into the future like the Freeview one, and lets you watch catchup programmes on ITV and All4 as well as the BBC and C5, and offers you radio on the channels from 700 upwards without needing to change from TV to Radio.

All features that will be disabled along with disabling YouView, if you do this.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
difficult_guy
Explorer

Do I need any sort of connnections to watch youview on sony tv? I have got only net connection and satellite connection but unfortunately, satellite (freesat) doesnt work with youview.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

To use YouView, you need to have a 'Freeview' aerial.  However, if you only want to use the catchup services like ITVHub, you only need to have tuned in at least 1 channel (portable rabbit ears spring to mind) and then they should work.  

However, if you are using the sat channels then you must have YouView disabled.

Cheers

cyclists
New

bought Sony TV last week KD49XD8099BU how do I get out of You view

cyclists
New

thanks worked a treat

profile.country.GB.title
yetti1963
New

I hate you view PERIOD

Anonymous
Not applicable

@yetti1963 wrote:

I hate you view PERIOD

HAHA - gotta give you a kudo's for that one.  Short and to the point !  :grin:

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

yetti1963 wrote:I hate YouView PERIOD

Why?

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking