Join now - be part of our community!

How to get out of Youview?

LouisMKD
New

How to get out of Youview?

Hi,

My family recently purchased one of the Sony Android TV's. I don't live in the country, so wasn't around for the initial setup, however have been home for Christmas and had a little play around with it. Seems to be really good.

One problem we have just had though, is that the TV was put into Youview mode (App?) and for the life of me I have no idea how to get it back into the normal TV mode. Although Youview seems good, its a lot slower than whatever guide was being used before. 

I've had a really long play around with the TV and unless i am missing something ridiculosuly basic, I have no idea how to get back to the inital TV Guide page that was being used. Its also not possible to switch between TV and Radio when in Youview mode.

Any idea guys?

Cheers

60 REPLIES 60
profile.country.GB.title
Gerry941
Explorer

Thanks again Tony

I've failed with this one. The "wanted" row stubbornly stays on the bottom row. It's new KD 55AG so may be it's lost that ability.

I have managed to re label the HDMI inputs though. Quite pleased with my self  this afternoon (77 and every second counts!!)

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

I'm not at home to try it but from memory to move a row up on the home screen, on the row you want to move, scroll left to the icon for the row. Think it's then scroll left again rather than a longpress which opens the functionality to move the row up or down. 

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

This looks to be a good guide. I thought the favourites row / channel was at the top anyway

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/customize-android-tv-home-screen/ 

spidercrab
Explorer

Will this delete any of my settings ?

spidercrab
Explorer

Didn't work ? when I click on ITV hub, it re-opens Youview ??

spidercrab
Explorer

What all features are they ?

profile.country.GB.title
suzie75

I managed to install a work around on my TV and my dad's.  Both are Sony Android.  I downloaded a fix from Github and another app (like a windows explorer).  It is easier if you have an Android phone but I have iphone.  If you have Android I believe you can drag and drop.  The workaround goes into Myapps section.  If you click on the regular ITV Hub button then it will still try to install Youview.  It has been working nicely on my TV now for many months as a great workaround.

profile.country.GB.title
suzie75

I'm recopying the post that helped me!  

Disable Youview. Do a google search for "hoshsadiq" "github" and "bravia-youview-player-launchers" and install the APK there (you will need to put in on an external USB drive, and install one of the file managers from the Android TV store to access it). This will then add the players to the home screen.

You get all the players, you remove the Youview interface and have the standard Freeview guide. Job done

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

From memory you can just install the channel 5 app from Google play store. The rest you have to sideload and they can then be re ordered in apps and added to / ordered in favourites (including iplayer) 

profile.country.GB.title
h2yoho
Explorer

I bought my 49" Bravia last November.

With problems with our new house, I only got it installed about 3 weeks ago.

I didn't know anything about this Youview thing. I have a Freesat box & an Android box attached to it, so basically I am using it as a rather expensive monitor.

I only bought it on the picture quality. I certainly will not be buying another. I might even take a hit, move it on & buy a Samsung, a normal TV.

It's a shame, but Sony & Youview suck.