Join now - be part of our community!

IP Control of Sony Bravia

profile.country.GB.title
sweftA
New

IP Control of Sony Bravia

Hello,

I would like to send commands to my KDL43W755C over IP from a control system called Loxone. I see that it should be possible to control the TV over IP but am not sure about the first steps I have to make. I have found some instructions written for a control system called iRule which seem to suggest that I have to 'register' Loxone with the TV before I can control it.

I have posted those instructions below. I also have an extensive list of commands that I can send to the TV that other people have posted so I think it is possible to control the TV in this way. Does anyone know if the pairing is an essential part of the process?

So on Computer:

1. Install Google Chrome

2. Install Simple Rest Client (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/simple-rest-client/fhjcajmcbmldlhcimfajhfbgofnpcjmb)

3. Once Simple Rest Client is installed you should a blue globe looking icon to the right of the URL field in Chrome. Click on that icon.

4. In the URL field of the REST Client, type in http://192.168.1.31/sony/accessControl where you replace 192.168.1.31 with IP address of your TV.

5. Click on POST.

6. In the DATA field paste {"id":13,"method":"actRegister","version":"1.0","params":[{"clientid":"iRule:1","nickname":"iRule"},[{"clientid":"iRule:1","value":"yes","nickname":"iRule","function":"WOL"}]]}

7. Hit SEND. You should see a message on TV pop-up with PIN code and a Username and Password message pop-up in the Browser. Leave Username blank and in password field put in the PIN code that is displayed on TV.

If successful, you should see the message on TV about successful pairing.

IRULE SIDE.

Now go into iRule builder.

1. Browse for Devices under Community tab.

2. Search for Type=TV+Vendor=Sony+Codes Type=IP (see attached screenshot) and import the device.

3. Create a button and drag and drop the REGISTER command from the device you just imported.

4. Create another button with one of the INPUT commands. This is just for testing.

5. Save and Sync.

6. Assign this device to the same gateway as the other Sony TV device that you have.

7. With TV still being on, go to the page that has the REGISTER button. Press it and you should see the Sony logo on the bottom of the TV's case flash greenish colour. 

8. Press the Input button you created and it should change the input

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sony Android TVs do support IP control, however using it is entirely beyond my knowledge.  This is probably something you will have to experiment and figure out for yourself.

Cheers