Join now - be part of our community!

iPlayer missing after Marshmallow upgrade

SOLVED
bar-ad
Explorer

iPlayer missing after Marshmallow upgrade

Hi 

Finally got the Marshmallow upgrade for my kd-49x8307c a few days ago 2hich seems to have solved some issues with the TVs WiFi.

However, since the upgrade BBC iPlayer has disappeared - can anyone help resolve this?

(Tried rebooting, but this did not seem to help)

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bar-ad
Explorer

Thanl you for the quick reply.

I've checked using the link you've provided and my ip address is showing (as expected) that I am in the UK. So not sure why the TV loaded without it.

Restart did not reso;ve the issue and I do not want to try a factory reset as when I did it in the past, the TV came up withput the Amazon Video app. I guess updates are flakey on the Sony Androidmversion.

Searching for more details lead me to a  website saying that clearing data of the Sony Select and Sony Shelf apps and then rebooting should work - and it did! I now have BBC iPlayer back again.

So if anyone else comes across thisnissue in the future, you can try the above and prevent a painful factory reset experience 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try this:

1. Turn TV completely OFF
  2. Reboot your router
  3. Once router has been rebooted, turn the TV back on again and test.

BBC iPlayer will only work if you have a UK based IP address, to check goto : https://www.iplocation.net/

All else fails try a factory reset, see instructions HERE.

Cheers

bar-ad
Explorer

Thanl you for the quick reply.

I've checked using the link you've provided and my ip address is showing (as expected) that I am in the UK. So not sure why the TV loaded without it.

Restart did not reso;ve the issue and I do not want to try a factory reset as when I did it in the past, the TV came up withput the Amazon Video app. I guess updates are flakey on the Sony Androidmversion.

Searching for more details lead me to a  website saying that clearing data of the Sony Select and Sony Shelf apps and then rebooting should work - and it did! I now have BBC iPlayer back again.

So if anyone else comes across thisnissue in the future, you can try the above and prevent a painful factory reset experience