Join now - be part of our community!

Is there an = (equal) sign available on the input screen.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
mamtor59

Is there an = (equal) sign available on the input screen.

Re TV KDL A9

I tried to input a Youtube URL on the Youtube app but could not find it on the on-screen keyboard. Can anyone advise on how to find it?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Alon_Solo
Explorer

Just to make sure I didn't caused any confusion - I didn't mean by cast a screen mirroring. I was talking about controlling YouTube App on you TV via your mobile - this way you mobile phone acts like a smart remote to feed the TV but the TV is the one to play it and in this scenario, there should not be lip-sync issues but it you do have such and you use your TV's internal speakers then you have a lip sync tweak in sound settings

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Alon_Solo
Explorer

I don't think it is possible to enter URLs to the app even if you find a way to enter the equal character.

The best advice I can give you is to enter the URL on your mobile phone and then cast it to your TV (you must log with the same account on both)

profile.country.GB.title
mamtor59

Thanks for the response.

Yes I did use the mobile phone and cast it to the TV but there was a lip
sync error; maybe there is a tweak for this.
profile.country.GB.title
Alon_Solo
Explorer

Just to make sure I didn't caused any confusion - I didn't mean by cast a screen mirroring. I was talking about controlling YouTube App on you TV via your mobile - this way you mobile phone acts like a smart remote to feed the TV but the TV is the one to play it and in this scenario, there should not be lip-sync issues but it you do have such and you use your TV's internal speakers then you have a lip sync tweak in sound settings

profile.country.GB.title
mamtor59

Hi,

RE using smart phone to link to TV

Thanks for the idea, it works well.

Another thing that I've leant about this great sophisticated TV, a 48A9.

I'm getting use to it now, it makes my older LCD TVs look poor.

I'm very pleased with the upscaling , much better than I was expecting, watching SD is quite acceptable.