Join now - be part of our community!

Issue with Bravia Core app on new XR 55A84J not launching

profile.country.GB.title
Sawdybaby
Explorer

Issue with Bravia Core app on new XR 55A84J not launching

Bravia Core app will not launch. States a network issue and fault code INT-103-201. Navigated through the Sony support pages nearly all day following delivery of the TV.  Software and firmware updated, app updated. All other apps work and stream (Netflix etc). Signed off on Sony privacy agreements, successfully logged into Google TV with a Google account.
  There appears to be no page which indicates the current status of the app. Any ideas anyone? I’m about ready for taking it back to the shop.

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.GB.title
Classiccarman
Explorer

You could try uninstalling the app then re-installing it. I had problems at the weekend watching an Imax movie on this app. It kept buffering and resetting which meant restarting the film and fast forwarding to where we lost it. We got fed up of this after 3 or 4 times and abandoned watching the movie. The following day it was fine and completed watching the movie to the end so we put it down to slow broadband speed at the weekend even though we have fast 200 mb fibre.

profile.country.GB.title
Sawdybaby
Explorer

Thank you. I have attempted this as a fix a few times with no change with regards to the app launching. I have just sent an email to the Bravia Core support email. Hopefully this may progress my issue. 

profile.country.GB.title
phluckh
Explorer

I've had the XR 55A80J for a couple of days and I'm getting exactly the same error when I try and launch the Bravia Core app.

profile.country.GB.title
Sawdybaby
Explorer

If I get a reply from the Bravia Core support email I have sent and manage to resolve it I will update this thread. Tried most things that I can think of. Out of interest what is your Wi-Fi download speed? mine is only 54mbps. I think the requirements for the service may be quite high, but I can’t see that this would stop the app launching. 

profile.country.GB.title
phluckh
Explorer

My TV is connected using ethernet cable so I don't think it's a network speed problem and as you point out that shouldn't stop the app from launching.

profile.country.GB.title
Sawdybaby
Explorer

Update,

Email sent to Core support team 01/12/21. Automated reply acknowledging email.

Technical support made contact 01/12/21 requesting some internet connection details. Details supplied that day.

Its now 04/12/21 and heard nothing since. I have requested an update.

I’ll keep the thread updated.

profile.country.GB.title
Sawdybaby
Explorer

My solution appears to be with my internet provider and the content control settings. I had to ring them to update it. I must point out that I diagnosed this myself after a lot of trial and error. Thank goodness I’m not a little old man or lady requiring some help.

It’s been an interesting journey during which I can say with some conviction the following…

Currys product support - Poor

Sony product support - Poor

Sony Bravia Core support - Poor and unfit for purpose.

profile.country.GB.title
phluckh
Explorer

Are you with Vodafone by any chance?

Could you please post what it was they needed to change in the content control settings?

profile.country.GB.title
Sawdybaby
Explorer

Yes Vodafone. Don’t know what the specific setting change was, but I resolved it via their online support chat. I identified the localised issue by setting up a wifi hotspot on my mobile phone, effectively bypassing the house wifi. The app launched on the hot spot wifi.