Join now - be part of our community!

Issues with 65" A1 post firmware update

SOLVED
Treggers
Explorer

Issues with 65" A1 post firmware update

Start-up from standby is now around 6-7 seconds, is it my imagination or is this a huge jump? It felt fairly instantaneous before.

Also seemingly the TV no longer auto switches between defined picture mode presets (cinema pro, game, sports etc..) based on remembering the option associated with source (assuming this was how it worked previously), and I now have to manually change picture mode every time I switch content source (I have an AV receiver with all sources going into HDMI3 ARC on the TV, previously it would still auto switch between picture modes without me having to action menu it every time)

Anyone else noticing these? Any official word from Sony?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Which actual firmware are you on? On mine (still on 6510) startup is still fairly immediate from standby.

Regarding the image profile it has always worked as you see now: the tv store the latest used for each input (being an HDMI port or an app or a tuner) but cannot understand that you are using a different device on the same port (ie. a console or blueray via the HT) nor autoswitch understanding automatically the content (how can it? this would be possibile with newer HDMI 2.1 TVs implementing ALLM but just for games, no Sony tv as of now has this feature)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
jgn88n

Widespread problem across many of their TVs. They’ll ask you to do a factory restore. Might work, might not. You may need to upload the firmware via usb.. again, this might work!

I sense the update has affected the mainboard and caused a hardware issue.

Massive problems down at Sony! Answers are needed!!!
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Which actual firmware are you on? On mine (still on 6510) startup is still fairly immediate from standby.

Regarding the image profile it has always worked as you see now: the tv store the latest used for each input (being an HDMI port or an app or a tuner) but cannot understand that you are using a different device on the same port (ie. a console or blueray via the HT) nor autoswitch understanding automatically the content (how can it? this would be possibile with newer HDMI 2.1 TVs implementing ALLM but just for games, no Sony tv as of now has this feature)

Treggers
Explorer

Huh, seems like I got off lightly then.

Maybe just so I know it isn't some other issue, can anyone confirm if this makes sense;

All my sources (external chromecast ultra, PS4, internal TV streaming apps, airplay software from mac to AV etc..) go from the AV to the TV, into HDMI3. Each source typically has a different picture mode associated, and previously I felt like it would auto-select, I assumed it was based on just remembering what the last mode was associated with the source - also assuming that the TV can differentiate beyond 'its coming from a HDMI cable into my 3rd HDMI socket', it can tell the difference between difference sources being fed from the same HDMI

It no longer seems to be detecting or auto switching, I have to manually change it every single time, which is already grating.

Am I imagining things? Or did the update reset / change a setting somewhere I just need to flick back on?

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Treggers
Explorer

Ah, yes. So then, I think what happened is, I just fortuitously had my sources split in such a way that they would be right enough times that I wouldn't notice. I added a chromecast ultra instead of using the last gen built in CC on the A1, and the new one goes through the receiver and is my primary stream source now, so PS4 and movie content is being treated as the same source. Ugh.

*****. So there's no way around that? Do I have things set up in a sub-optimal way, or is this as good as it gets? Is there a solution with the remote, can the colored buttons be programmed to switch picture profiles, at least reducing the process to one step?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Your configuration is the right one in order to get all the audio processed by your receiver . The downside is the one highlighted by you and there is no shortcut possible afaik.  It really depends on how much you change type of content. You may want to try to connect the console directly to the TV since is the one that mostly need a dedicated game setting.