Join now - be part of our community!

Kd-43x8307c HDR hdmi

Lacattano
New

Kd-43x8307c HDR hdmi

Hey,

Based on the HDR guide I don't think my TV is HDR capable but it is 4k? This confuses me and would just like a second opinion to confirm my findings please?

I have looked at the HDR guide on this site and it abribiates the model names which confuses me a little but I'm pretty sure my model falls into the "no HDR catagorys"

Then on the user guide it states 4096x2160p next to all 4 hdmi ports

also on my tv I have a setting under external inputs that allows me to select enhanced inputs and on that it lists (hdr included).

i have turned it on but my PlayStation 4 still doesn’t recognise it as a hdr enabled tv. 

Can an someone please confirm if this setting should have worked or if not what is it for?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Lacattano wrote:

Hey,

Based on the HDR guide I don't think my TV is HDR capable but it is 4k? This confuses me and would just like a second opinion to confirm my findings please?

I have looked at the HDR guide on this site and it abribiates the model names which confuses me a little but I'm pretty sure my model falls into the "no HDR catagorys"

Then on the user guide it states 4096x2160p next to all 4 hdmi ports

also on my tv I have a setting under external inputs that allows me to select enhanced inputs and on that it lists (hdr included).

i have turned it on but my PlayStation 4 still doesn’t recognise it as a hdr enabled tv. 

Can an someone please confirm if this setting should have worked or if not what is it for?

Here’s the spec for your TV. It says 4K. It does not say HDR.

In general, HDR cannot be delivered in an update; the screen has to be capable of it from the get-go.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…