Join now - be part of our community!

KD-48A9 Sparkles

profile.country.GB.title
QuinnDexter

KD-48A9 Sparkles

Hi.

I recently got a KD-48A9 Oled TV. Native apps all render HDR content perfectly. However, on HDR content from a Panasonic UB820 player, all HDMI ports except #2 has a vertical line of sparkles on the left side of the screen.  

Playing a Dolby Vision disk or HDR10 title yields the vertical sparkling.  It only stops if you turn off HDR on the player. Again, if I connect to HDMI port 2 this doesn't happen.

I've gone through the usual support procedures of clearing memory, rebooting, resetting etc but it still happens.  

I did think that this might be a cable issue, but after buying a premium one the issue is still there.

All HDMI ports are set to enhanced mode. 

25 REPLIES 25
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Mchaggis69, what was the answer from Sony? @QuinnDexter I suggest contacting Sony to investigate, that if it's happening with the other player that worked fine before!

profile.country.GB.title
Mchaggis69

Sony haven't really provided an answer as such. However they did email me yesterday with the link to the new firmware update. So thats installed and we shall see if it helps... I'm not convinced as there was nothing in the release notes concerning Dolbyvision I could see.

Its always been the case a reset solved the sparkles problem (temporarily) so with the new firmware in place I will have to wait a week or two to see what happens.

If the sparklies return I have made it clear to Sony I would then consider I have a faulty TV within the 5 year guarantee period and would want a replacement.

profile.country.GB.title
QuinnDexter

Could you post the version of the new firmware?

profile.country.GB.title
Mchaggis69

Version for my TV is here https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/oled-tvs-android-a8f_af8-series/kd-65af8/software/0026249...

You’ll need to check if its for your particular model on that link.

Piscie
Community Team

Hi Mchaggis69, have you tried factory data reset for your TV? It might resolve the issue.

profile.country.GB.title
Mchaggis69

Hi - my own thread on this issue (sparkles with dolbyvision) is now resolved.The latest firmware update seems to have fixed things.

For info, I tried *everything* at my end (a factory reset being juts one of many avenues explored) including replacing some fairly expensive pieces of kit. Waste of my time and money when it transpires it was simply a software problem with the TV.