Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55 AF8

profile.country.HR.title
djakac9
Explorer

KD-55 AF8

Hello, I have a sonny bravia android tv KD-55 AF8 and dreambox 900 uhd 4k and watching satelite programs,I have a problem because picture settings don't change with HDR channels automaticaly(TRT 4K,UHD 1,RTL UHD,Hot Bird 4k1),I do not see the difference between hd and uhd channels and HDR,I have tv on port hdmi 2, and i have hdr settings on the auto,help please,thanks

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @djakac9,

there is a difference between 4K (UHD) and HDR.

I doubt any of these channels gets broadcasted in HDR.

Could you supply any info on where these channels claim to broadcast in HDR?

- Nic

profile.country.HR.title
djakac9
Explorer

HOTBIRD (13° East)

Funbox UHD, Travelxp 4K
Frequency: 10 727 MHz
Horizontal Polarisation
DVB-S2, 8PSK, FEC 3/4
Symbol rate: 30000
Viaccess encryption
Travelxp 4K: High Dynamic Range (HDR ) Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG )

https://www.ses.com/featured-channel-travelxp-4k

profile.country.HR.title
djakac9
Explorer

The channel TEST 2 on Astra 19,2e works in hdr mode(11024 H 3/4 23500) and the difference in the picture (the colors are much more pronounced and intense) and on the ifobar and the channel list, whether it should display information on the screen when it is in hdr mode because there is no info on the oled panel(message) 

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

OK, so Travelxp 4K broadcasts HLG HDR, and your TV supports HLG HDR, but I think you aren’t watching Travelxp 4K on the satellite tuner on the TV for some reason, but instead via the Dreambox 900.

Does this support HLG HDR?

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.HR.title
djakac9
Explorer

whether some info is required on the screen when HDR is turned on because the picture is great but I do not know if it has been switched to HDR mode in TV