Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55A1 picture turned off

profile.country.GB.title
Graydee
Explorer

KD-55A1 picture turned off

Watching TV the other day and the picture and sound went off, the TV was still on as the light at the bottom was still illuminated. I thought it was  Vigin Media had gone down but having checked my other VM box in another room that was fine. I tried the DVD player a which is on HDMI 2 and nothing even my Shield box on ARC shown no picture, I even tried the "Home" button and still no picture so I thought that something must have failed. I switched the TV off and also at the mains plug and waited about 5 minutes and switched on, I then had the Android logos asthe TV started then everything was ok this was very odd. Has anyone had this happen to them? And could this be something that looks like it is about to fail?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you tried a factory reset?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @Graydee,

There are many reasons and scenarios which could result in the sudden behaviour you experienced. Generally these type of sudden events are due to technical HW/SW integration functionalities which will not by definition lead to a complete failure of your TV. Unless of course if the event changes from an ad-hoc nature to a chronically occurring nature.

In both cases the recommendation is to keep an eye on how the TV is generally performing and whether the malfunctioning events are starting to occur very often. In that event you can always post your issue on the community and we will look into it. 

Cheers,

Dutchice