Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55A1 sound loss

profile.country.GB.title
Graydee
Explorer

KD-55A1 sound loss

Hi

Over the last few months I have gradually had to increase the volume on my KD-55A1 as it seems to be getting quieter. I know its not my hearing as everyone else in the family experiences the same problem with the TV. Does anyone else have this problem? Or could it be the sound is starting to fail?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you updated to the latest firmware?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @Graydee,

Welcome to the Sony Online Community!

Two programmes from TV broadcast channels (even if from the same channel) or from two different playback sources will never have the same volume level. Sound perceptions are obviously very specific to the individual. Be it yourself or any other person in your family. Unless of course you playback the exact content from the very exact source at two different time intervals and make a sound measurement using a sound recording device able to show accurate sound levels in dB. 

However there is nothing to worry about, if the TV fails to produce sound anytime in the feature you can always resort to book a service repair. However as long as the TV sound hasn’t failed, no service technician will be able to repair it if it is not yet defective.

Cheers,

Dutchice