Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55AF8 and ethernet

profile.country.GB.title
sukmudha7

KD-55AF8 and ethernet

Hello,

I have the KD-55AF8 and was wondering if there is anyway to upgrade the ethernet to 1GB? Will a USB to 1GB ethernet adaptor work?  I have a lot of 4k videos taken on my Sony RX100 IV and they are unable stream smoothly over my 1GB network. Kodi keeps buffering and freezes playback.

Thanks

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

We already discussed about that :wink: but here the use case is quite different and there is not involved the youtube app and its questionable html implementation.... Video app (while frankly not great as UI) is quite well optimized for the purpose. I do not have any 4k 60p source but sukmhuda7 highligths problems also with 1080p60fps that I have no problem at all to play using video recorded by my own fullhd camcorder (AVC 30mbps bitstream) (using both video/serviio or Nova/SMB)

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

@rooobb  schrieb:

but here the use case is quite different and there is not involved the youtube app and its questionable html implementation

The YouTube App uses ExoPlayer under the hood which also a lot of other apps use (like Plex for example). Kodi doesn't work too well either for 2160p60 with their own implementation of the lower-level MediaCodec APIs. So such content is a more global problem on those sets.