Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55S8005C - help needed to use HDD recording feature

atdrocker
Explorer

KD-55S8005C - help needed to use HDD recording feature

Hiya, I thought it'd be as easy as buy a HDD, plug it into a USB on the TV and record. But it isnt apparently.

It's a KD-55S8005C telly and Western Digital 2Tb HDD (Model: RWDBMWV0020BBK-EESN)
The tv detects the drive when plugged in and links the tv to the drive. So i think everything is fine there.

As far as I am aware, i am not allowed to have youview installed, if i want to use recording to hdd? So i dont have youview installed :grin:

When i hit guide on the remote, nothing happens.
In the action menu, i dont see any recording options.
So,
a) i cant see how to browse channels to find something to record
b) I cant see any way to record.

Please HELP! If you have a KD-55S8005C telly and you have got recording to work, please share your tips/setup.

The TV is connected to a Onkyo home sound system, and a XBONE. The tv signal goes into the XBONE via USB converter, then XBONE to Onkyo, then HDMI and Optical from Onkyo to TV. I dont see how that really affects not being able to record, i am sure its something simple, but i figure'd the more info the better.

20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

so the usb port should be right otherwise it would ask only if you want to open with Video app...but let's check

atdrocker
Explorer

im gonna commute in 10 mins, so i will report back

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Check also in the setting which options you have related to recording (including re-verify the HDD). Don't know if I'll be connected when you have the answers....

atdrocker
Explorer

when i press title list on the remote control,, it says 'feature not available'

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It really seems like you do not have the latest firmware.....

atdrocker
Explorer

progress made. I connected the ariel lead to the back of the telly, had to tune it in digital. now it fully works.

so it appears with input set to hdmi4/arc and the ariel lead plugged into the xbox, i cant record?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It could be. I didn't try but the TV is able to record only form internal decoder (sat or digital): so if you don't have any it can't work

atdrocker
Explorer

I will have to play around with some configurations. I cant swop the ariel lead between the xbox and the tv everytime i want to record something or play something,

atdrocker
Explorer

thank you Rooobb for helping me. I think im gonna be sorted from here on.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

For few euro you can have a splitter...