Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55S8505C No Video error!!!

profile.country.GB.title
scchandler
Explorer

KD-55S8505C No Video error!!!

Having struggled with some very annoying software issues with this TV from new (see many other posts!!) it has now settled into a disastrous routine which baffles me and has also baffled the techncians.... does anyone know what needs to be done to cure this disastrous fault?  On many occasions, despite computer-generated content being shown on the screen, NO VIDEO is displayed.. black screen for ALL inputs!!!  Terrestrial TV via aerial, Satellite, Blu ray disc input, PS4 input, catch up TV input, etc etc ... ALL just show black screen when they try to play ANYTHING.  The only thing that is visible is top menus which are clearly computer generated rather than a video signial, This is obviou in terrestrial TV because I only see the yop bar (showing channel number etc) and an error message pops up on this bar saying "NO VIDEO".  You would think this is a straightforward CHANGE MOTHERBOARD.... NO IT ISN'T  The technicians have changed the motherbioard at least twice and this doesn't jelp the problem at all.  The only way to recover the video is to reset the TV... any ideas????

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @scchandler,

I have escalated this for you, so someone from Support will be in touch soon.

C