Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XD9305 won't turn on - can anyone please help?

profile.country.GB.title
bmb7jiw
Explorer

KD-55XD9305 won't turn on - can anyone please help?

We bought a KD-55XD9305 about 6 months ago. Tonight it is doing nothing when we try to turn it on using the remote. No lights flashing, nothing, it's like the TV is completely dead. This happened once before and following the troubleshooting instructions in the manual I turned it off at the mains and on again and this resolved the issue. Tonight we have turned off and on at the mains, checked the wires into the back of the TV, tried the on/off switch on the TV itself, and have changed the batteries in the remote. Still nothing at all happening. Attached sound bar turns on and off no problem.

Can anyone please advise or help? Many thanks. 

21 REPLIES 21
tsavas21
New

Yesterday 10-11-2017 my KD-55XD9305 died.

I had even performed a full update before that (my tv asked me to), rebooted twice, and watched two hours

tv before turning it off and go to sleep.

Next day the TV is completely DEAD. PSU is ok 24,0 volts are comming out, but this is expected as  i use

a line interactive APC ups 24/7. Tried to hard reset with no luck. Disconnected everything for a day with no

luck.. So i called Sony Service. They came and too it away. I hope for the best. That was a major shock for me

considering that i spent 2.600 euros to buy Sony's flagship tv.

profile.country.GB.title
iaboard40

Insist on a replacement for a 2017 model i.e. XE9305 the XD has a known problem and a 'repair' will also fail in time

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
iaboard40

Even with a repair insist on an upgrade or you'll be doing it all again !!!

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892

This is the 2 nd time it’s been faulty in a year. First time the picture was a right mess.. vertical lines.. and now this.

I will ask for a brand new unit.

profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892

My 65" model also just died..

I just called Sony and I'm awaiting a call back (within 4 hours)

I'll keep you posted.. please keep us updated on your support calls?

Thanks,

Paul.

profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892

Link to my thread which will document how good or bad my dead KD 65XD9305 support from Sony goes.

Cheers

Paul.

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/kd-65xd9305-power-issue-new-thread-to-document-how-the-so...

stevenaughton83
Explorer

Mine has just died only 18 months after purchase and now I am told I am out of warranty - really hoping there can be an easy fix??

profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892

oh no.... really!?

This is basically an issue with a power board, and Sony have acknowledged it as a problem and are willing to swap the party until 2021 (I think I read). So even if you are out of warranty it should still get fixed mate.

Let me check to find the Sony official announcement about the power board problem and resolution for all users with the issue. Which I'd be 99% sure of saying that this is the issue you have.

brb

profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892
stevenaughton83
Explorer

Thank you so much!!!!