Join now - be part of our community!

KD-65x9000f | re-arrange the inputs

profile.country.GB.title
rajthampi
Explorer

KD-65x9000f | re-arrange the inputs

Hello guys

I am having tough time with my new TV KD-65x9000f that came with AndroidTV 7.0 pre-installed. Outta curiosity I configured "Streaming Channels" with Google Movies & TV and ever since, whenever the TV is switched on, this horrible thing starts streaming all the stupid trailors. I managed to disable Google Movies & TV from channel list, however whenever I press the TV button Streaming Channels is loaded with an option to configure channels.

Prior configuring Streaming Channels, TV loaded "Home". How do I revert to same without factory reset? I've gone through the manuals available online, which were of no help.

Appreciate your suggestions.

regards,

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi rajthampi,

Welcome to the community.

I'll see if I can find this out for you. Maybe someone else in the community can help in the meantime.

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

Took me a few seconds to find this advice from the US Sony Community, where it was reported to have worked:-

HOME > Settings > Channels > Channel setup > Google Play Movies & TV > Show/Hide channels > uncheck the channels

Hopefully the same in the UK/Europe

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
rajthampi
Explorer

Hello @royabrown2 

Well I came across this solution the same day, however, that's more like a workaround. Thanks buddy.

profile.country.GB.title
rajthampi
Explorer

Plus, hiding the channels doesn't mean you get rid of them! There is something gravely wrong with Version 7.0 firmware that's shipped with the unit.

Once you setup a streaming channel, the TV key button, defaults the streaming channels & whenever you press the "Tv" button, streaming channels setup page opens (talking about the situation after hiding the channel(s))

Now, Sony says 9000f series doesn't support custom input assignments for Tv keys. I really wonder whether I made a wise decision (got a 43" Sony SmartTv in India, have a horrible smart tv interface, got a 40" Samsung smart tv at parent's place, which has a wonderful interface) after disappointing software experiences with Sony SmartTVs in general.

Anyway, I think I have to live with it. Today morning I did another factory reset & got rid of the streaming channels issue permanently.

regards,