Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KD-55XD7005 Sound Problems

phillipe124
Explorer

Sony Bravia KD-55XD7005 Sound Problems

Hi,

I purchased the above TV about 4 months ago and I've started having problems with the sound. Basically, the TV has what I would describe as 'blips' in the sound. The TV loses volume for a split second, shows the current input on screen, then recovers. This can happen several times depending on the type of program being watched. 

I have seen on the forum that it has been an issue before but I've not seen a resolution so far. I've tried changing the time setting to 'Network', that didn't solve it. I've also tried factory resetting the TV, that hasn't worked either.

Is there a solution to this problem or does the TV need sending back?

Thanks,

Phil

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I dont recall this issue on these forums, do you have a link to where you saw it? 

Also, some general questions:

1. Do you have a soundbar or other external audio system connected to your TV? 
  2. Can you replicate this issue - i.e. if you press a certain button or do something then this occur everytime?
  3. On what inputs does it happen on?  Does it happen only on HDMI sources or on others such as watching TV via the digital aerial?
  4. How often does this occur?
  5. Which Country are you located in?

Cheers

phillipe124
Explorer

Hi,

I have an external surround sound system connected via optical output. All wires are connected and fine. I checked that. I have checked the sound without the surround system active and the TV replicates the problem with no external sound active.

I can't replicate it. The TV does it randomly. I can predict when it'll do it. For instance it's worse with sports. On football, if the channel cuts to an ad break, it always does it.

It happens every day without fail. At least ten times or more.

I'm in the UK. All software updates have been installed.

Thanks. :slight_smile: 

n.gardner
New

No sound output to sound bar- internal speaker works fine. Sound cut in intermittent now no output to sound bar via optical.

Very frustrating. Any ideas all up to date firmware.

Caldio
New

I have the same issue with my Sony KD-65X8509C.

Did you get an answer from Sony?

cheers