Join now - be part of our community!

KD-65XE9005 i.c.w. HT-ST5000

profile.country.NL.title
SvenSon0611
Explorer

KD-65XE9005 i.c.w. HT-ST5000

Hello All,

On my KD-XE9005 ARC linked to my HT-ST5000 Soundbar I can't get Dolby Atmos working on Netflix.

Strangely enough it Dolby Atmos sound is when playing a demo file on the TV built-in media player from USB. So basically that is working. Then Sounbar recognize the Dolby Atmos stream played by the TV. 

The TV is running the latest Oreo 8.0 firmware perfectly. Seems the Netflix app is blocking the Atmos feature to my knowledge.

Anyone had some more luck on playing Atmos content from Netflix on similar setup? As it is just a software/firmware lock/unlock thing because it's working in the builtin mediaplayer I would really like Sony to investigate on this. 

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@SvenSon0611 wrote:

Hello All,

On my KD-XE9005 ARC linked to my HT-ST5000 Soundbar I can't get Dolby Atmos working on Netflix.

Strangely enough it Dolby Atmos sound is when playing a demo file on the TV built-in media player from USB. So basically that is working. Then Sounbar recognize the Dolby Atmos stream played by the TV. 

The TV is running the latest Oreo 8.0 firmware perfectly. Seems the Netflix app is blocking the Atmos feature to my knowledge.

Anyone had some more luck on playing Atmos content from Netflix on similar setup? As it is just a software/firmware lock/unlock thing because it's working in the builtin mediaplayer I would really like Sony to investigate on this. 

Have you worked through this?

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/64066

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…