Join now - be part of our community!

KD-XF9005 BBC iPlayer not working

profile.country.GB.title
Strongbow1979
Explorer

KD-XF9005 BBC iPlayer not working

My TV has updated recently and I noticed yesterday BBC iPlayer from Sony Select won't load, ITV Hub, 4 player & My 5 won't load either. BBC News & Sports still work. Anyone can help please? Thanks

IMG_20200724_193615.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Have you tried a reset? More details on how to perform this here.

Let me know how you get on. 

Best wishes,
Sean 

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

Sorry not sure re sony select and why they're not working.  You could try re running "initial setup" (not factory reset)

I sideloaded the apps so that I can have them in my apps row as favourites, and don't use Sony Select.  Google Hoshsadiq github if you want to try that way

Edit - you can download My5 from the playstore. 

profile.country.GB.title
DBworcs

I've done the same thing so I can record from Freeview on a USB HDD. But when I'm recording, I can't open any British TV apps until it stops recording (Netflix, Amazon and YouTube are fine). Is there anything I can do to remedy that or is it the dreaded YouView underlying software that forbids it?

Appreciate any advice you can give me! Spent hours getting this far...

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@DBworcs 

The BBC iPlayer and My 5 are available on the Freeview side, so it is only the itv hub and All4 that need to be sideloaded.

But these two do have some YouView tweaks in them, like needing the corresponding channel to have been tuned in before they can be used. Which might include that recording restriction.

The 2020 sets, though, use independent versions of the apps. So I wonder if these can be now be found on the Google Play TV Store, and will download to earlier Sony Android TVs?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Strongbow1979
Explorer

Thanks for your reply Tony. 

I have tried initial setup but it didn't work. 

So now I found out I can open up 'Youview' from Sony Select first and then launch BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub or 4 in 'Youview'.

profile.country.GB.title
Strongbow1979
Explorer

Thanks for your reply Sean.

I don't really want to spend 30mins to reset the TV, so now I just watch them through 'Youview'.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Strongbow1979 

The itv hub and All4 need YouView or the Hoshsadiq workaround, but the BBC iPlayer shouldn’t require this.

Though see above for possible 2020 changes.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

The itv and All4 apps on the play store still show as not compatible.  Assume there's a different version pre installed in Sony Select on the 2020 sets if they're not tied to youview

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

@royabrown2

How do you know the apps on 2020 sets are different and not tied to Youview ?

Wonder if the apk could be copied as may be possible to sideload them?