Join now - be part of our community!

KD43X8309C stuck in infinite loop after installing new software release

NickSC17
Explorer

KD43X8309C stuck in infinite loop after installing new software release

Hi,

Two days ago my 6 month old TV (still under warranty) prompted me to install the new software update, and has since gotten stuck in the dreaded infinite loop between the SONY logo and the 4 colourful swirls. I have tried all the reset suggestions on this forum, and I also spoke to the Sony helpdesk who asked me to try the fix involving holding Vol - & Power button on the back of the unit while plugging it back into the mains and waiting for the green light, this did not work. They told me someone would call me yesterday after 3:30pm - I left work early so I could take this call, but it never came.

Obviously I am very disappointed that seemingly a software update from Sony could essentially break their own product, and it is very disheartening to see this problem is apparently common judging by other people's experiences posted online. I am also of course very disappointed that they did not call me when they said they would.

Can a solution be found by downloading the software update to a flash drive and trying to reinstall it that way? I am clutching at straws here although I imagine since the TV does not react to the Help button being pressed 5 times and all the other fixes, that it is not going to respond to the insertion of a flash drive anyway.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thank you,

Nick

5 REPLIES 5
heys79
Explorer

We too have the exact same problem with our Kd55xd8599. Bought two months ago!  Not happy!

profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

Have you tried the reset procedure again ?

You need to hold the buttons for 30 seconds.

https://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/137866/knowledgebase/1/

profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

also there is a patch released for that particular matter.

sony should provide this patch to you if factory reset dosnt work for you

heys79
Explorer

Thanks so much for pointing us in the right direction, our tv is now working again.. Hooray!👍😀

profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

Thats good. I'm pleased to hear you have a working TV again.